Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
intresting i hope that happends
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Did he? 

I know that he said, "We?ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we?ll be introducing some new ones."  But I interpreted the latter to mean characters who are new to the storyline of his films, which is an expected progression.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

Still, I'm sure we'll get some lower-tier antagonists.  Both Begins and Dark Knight had their fair share of mobsters, corrupt cops, and even antagonists working at Wayne Enterprises (Mr. Earle in Begins, Reese in TDK).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 14:16

Comparisons to BR's Catwoman will arise, but what the hell. We're strong enough at BMO to compete with it and like both. We did it with The Joker. She was bound to be done again one day, and this makes the Nolan trilogy more complete in my eyes. And Hathaway will do a good job. I've been a fan of her for a while. It's unfair to judge her legitimacy based on roles in which she's playing something else.

Agreed

Some of the folks on the IMDb are already foolishly proclaiming that Hathaway will blow Pfeiffer's performance away.  ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 22 Jan  2011, 11:57
Some of the folks on the IMDb are already foolishly proclaiming that Hathaway will blow Pfeiffer's performance away.  ::)
Ugh. I'm sure Hathaway will do a good job, but Pfeiffer is my Catwoman. She holds a lot of sentimental value, and a childhood cannot be replaced in the matter of two hours.

I don't about  that I dont think so.

She won't. With as watered down as all of Nolan's characters are, the dichotomy of Catwoman will be lost. What will be left will be a lot of overstated exposition that will stand in for it, just like exposition stands in for a performance this go around in the Batman mythos. Just look at how they bungled Two Face.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 22 Jan  2011, 19:08

She won't. With as watered down as all of Nolan's characters are, the dichotomy of Catwoman will be lost. What will be left will be a lot of overstated exposition that will stand in for it, just like exposition stands in for a performance this go around in the Batman mythos. Just look at how they bungled Two Face.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
Couldn't say that better myself.

Those folks are a extremely predictable lot.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Sun, 23 Jan 2011, 01:57 #59 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Jan 2011, 01:58 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 22 Jan  2011, 19:08
She won't. With as watered down as all of Nolan's characters are, the dichotomy of Catwoman will be lost. What will be left will be a lot of overstated exposition that will stand in for it, just like exposition stands in for a performance this go around in the Batman mythos. Just look at how they bungled Two Face.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
Gotta agree. It's a visual medium for crying out loud. Even if they have Hathaway in a nice leather outfit (which I hope they do), it'd be a shame to waste her on long speeches. Burton managed to fit in a ton of information about Catwoman without being overbearing. And Elfman already managed to capture the character in a few notes. What's Zimmer going to do?! So yeah...I'm confident about Hathaway, but not about the portrayal she will be given.