Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
I think Anne is gorgeous, but she doesn't scream Catwoman.  But anyway it doesn't really matter. Everybody knows how I feel about Nolan's film-making.

Quote from: Kamdan on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 15:48
Not very flattering.

You're not looking at what I'm looking at.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 14:32
I hope we might still get Vicki Vale in this film since she would throw up an interesting contrast to Catwoman.

Likewise, Johnny.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 00:12
Not very flattering.

Yeah, I don't get what was so 'unflattering' about that pic.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 01:27
Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 00:12
Not very flattering.

Yeah, I don't get what was so 'unflattering' about that pic.
Agreed. Anne is the best female casting decision so far in the Nolan series. I don't get the apprehension about her. I could understand why people were nervous about Ledger. But this gave me an instant "Hell yes!" reaction.

Fri, 21 Jan 2011, 03:22 #35 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Jan 2011, 03:31 by The Joker
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 01:53
Agreed. Anne is the best female casting decision so far in the Nolan series. I don't get the apprehension about her. I could understand why people were nervous about Ledger. But this gave me an instant "Hell yes!" reaction.

Exactly, Dark Knight.

QuoteI have a theory that Bane was in the same prison as Bruce during BB. I can see Ras visiting another inmate as a backup plan, if Bruce failed him. And since then, he's been out of jail training hard, recruited by the LOS. And possibly he's going to be sent over to Hugo Strange for a bunch of experiments.

Interesting theory. Personally, I like how that would tie Bane in with Bruce's background without having directly encountered one another (though that could be changed), and it would certainly be in keeping with the comic book history as Ra's did consider Bane worthy enough to marry his daughter, and become the heir of his empire.

If Hugo is included, the experiments bit sounds cool. Perhaps Hugo's "Monster Men" will be alluded to as past failed experiments with Bane being not only the only successful willing or unwilling participant, but the only survivor as well.  

EDIT:

Here's a report I figured you guys might want to check out on searches for 'Tom Hardy Bane' skyrocketing since he was announced as a villain in Dark Knight Rises.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/446-searches-surge-on-batman-s-nemesis

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 03:22
Interesting theory. Personally, I like how that would tie Bane in with Bruce's background without having directly encountered one another (though that could be changed), and it would certainly be in keeping with the comic book history as Ra's did consider Bane worthy enough to marry his daughter, and become the heir of his empire.

If Hugo is included, the experiments bit sounds cool. Perhaps Hugo's "Monster Men" will be alluded to as past failed experiments with Bane being not only the only successful willing or unwilling participant, but the only survivor as well.
Yes. A lot of aspects are covered that way.

One of my concerns about Bane is some view him as a one trick pony. Show that he's not. We don?t need to see Bane breaking Batman in this film. But I'd like to see Batman bloodied and injured - realizing this is the first enemy he's faced since Ra's who challenges him not just mentally but physically. The area in which I think Batman has grown accustomed to assuming he basically always has the upper hand and will win.

I'm thinking the final scene could be Batman hauling Bane into Arkham. On his way out, there would be glimpses into the other cells in the high-security wing. Big villain cameos. Crane and Falcone. A darkened cell with Heath's cackling (re-used sample from TDK) coming from it. Zsasz glaring at Batman as he walks by. Etc. Batman has temporarily completed his mission, but the "crazies" are still very present in Gotham. Would be a great way to geek out for a minute and tie up the trilogy.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 21 Jan  2011, 03:37
Yes. A lot of aspects are covered that way.

One of my concerns about Bane is some view him as a one trick pony. Show that he's not. We don?t need to see Bane breaking Batman in this film. But I'd like to see Batman bloodied and injured - realizing this is the first enemy he's faced since Ra's who challenges him not just mentally but physically. The area in which I think Batman has grown accustomed to assuming he basically always has the upper hand and will win.

True. I think alot of comic book fans view Doomsday in the same light. Where, like Bane, he's simply a plot device with little else going for him. Hopefully the current "Reign of Doomsday" will correct that perception just as Nolan's 3rd Batman movie very likely will for Bane. If anything, I expect Bane to give Batman his first sound physical beating. Not to the extent of having his back broken, but perhaps a nice homage or sorts would be nice. After all The Dark Knight needs to be put down even further than he's gone before he can rise again. Just adds to the drama.

QuoteI'm thinking the final scene could be Batman hauling Bane into Arkham. On his way out, there would be glimpses into the other cells in the high-security wing. Big villain cameos. Crane and Falcone. A darkened cell with Heath's cackling (re-used sample from TDK) coming from it. Zsasz glaring at Batman as he walks by. Etc. Batman has temporarily completed his mission, but the "crazies" are still very present in Gotham. Would be a great way to geek out for a minute and tie up the trilogy.

Sounds good. Hell, I would even throw in a quick Calender Man cameo since Nolan and crew seem to have enjoyed "The Long Halloween". Just as a nod to the fans, but that sort of ending would definately be a nice geek out moment. Possibly more so than the ending of "Batman Begins". Which I completely geeked out over.  8)

Fri, 21 Jan 2011, 04:08 #38 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Jan 2011, 04:13 by Matuatay
I like that closing scene idea and it would tie in very well with the Arkham escape scene from Batman Begins when Bats passes by the cells with all those faces peering out at him.  

And I really don't see any harm in us actually seeing the Joker in that situation because all one would really need to see is his eyes peeking out of one of those small windows along with the laugh soundbyte.  

That might be too much, though.  Maybe the laugh coming from some obscure cell somewhere off in the darkness or the end of the hall (as earlier suggested) would be enough.  

Personally one thing I would like to see in maybe the closing shot; dawn.  Maybe Bats walks out of the Asylum and pan camera to a shot looking at Gotham City with the sky behind it just starting to show some morning light bringing Harvey's statment full circle that the dawn has come.

^ How about Batman on top of a building, standing up from a crouching position? Much like the last shot from the BTAS opening credits. Signifying that, indeed, he has risen. Physically and mentally. The end title card confirms it. I guess you could still have that Arkham stuff beforehand.