Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 01:40
You're right about Rocky being the quintessential underdog but I was thinking more about Rambo when I made my comment about Stallone.

Ah, ok. Yeah, Stallone is much more bulkier these days than what he was back in the 1980's. Where he was more cut and lean. 

QuoteIdeally Bane would be a lot taller but I don't mind so much as long as he ends up being built like the perennial brick sh@thouse.

Since the height is gone, that aspect to Bane better be retained!  >:(  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Thu, 20 Jan 2011, 01:49 #21 Last Edit: Thu, 20 Jan 2011, 01:51 by The Dark Knight
Wow. I'm impressed. This movie just took a turn for the better. Two theatrical villains.

Hathaway is a great choice. She looks at lot like TLH version of Selina.

Didn't expect Bane but I welcome him. I'm hoping there's a final confrontation between Batman and Bane. Now that would be epic. And a confrontation earlier where Bane beats, but doesn't break Batman.

Check out this goodness:

http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2010/02/Anne-Hathaway-GQ-UK-March-5.jpg

http://www.gceleb.com/photos/2010/feb10/020510/anne-hathaway-british-gq-8.jpg

http://www.gceleb.com/photos/2010/feb10/020510/anne-hathaway-british-gq-7.jpg

Curious about sums it up for me as well.  I can't say I'm overly excited about the idea of using Bane in this film.  I was really hoping for Black Mask, Penguin, or someone along those lines.  But surely the villain list isn't over. 

After all, we've had 3+ villains in each Nolan Bat-Film.  In Batman Begins we basically got 5 villainous appearances depending on who's counting.  What with Zsaz, Joe Chill, Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow and Falconi.  I doubt the baddies casting list is complete (and certainly hope it isn't)

Very intresting but very confusing.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Anne has the sex appeal for sure.

Yup. Dark Knight Rises is a very appropriate title.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hope you guys don't mind but I merged all the posts from other threads into this thread.

Better to have all the discussion in the one place  :)

Again, TDKR took a turn for the better. I'm excited about it now.

Comparisons to BR's Catwoman will arise, but what the hell. We're strong enough at BMO to compete with it and like both. We did it with The Joker. She was bound to be done again one day, and this makes the Nolan trilogy more complete in my eyes. And Hathaway will do a good job. I've been a fan of her for a while. It's unfair to judge her legitimacy based on roles in which she's playing something else.

I have a theory that Bane was in the same prison as Bruce during BB. I can see Ras visiting another inmate as a backup plan, if Bruce failed him. And since then, he's been out of jail training hard, recruited by the LOS. And possibly he's going to be sent over to Hugo Strange for a bunch of experiments.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 14:16
Comparisons to BR's Catwoman will arise, but what the hell. We're strong enough at BMO to compete with it and like both. We did it with The Joker. She was bound to be done again one day, and this makes the Nolan trilogy more complete in my eyes. And Hathaway will do a good job. I've been a fan of her for a while. It's unfair to judge her legitimacy based on roles in which she's playing something else.
I completely agree.  I like the fact that Nolan will have done at least two of the big four iconic Batman villains.  By that I mean, The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin and The Riddler

I still wonder who the other female character might be.  Remember, the casting rumours suggested that there would be a 'bad girl' (presumably Catwoman), and a 'good girl'.  I hope we might still get Vicki Vale in this film since she would throw up an interesting contrast to Catwoman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 14:16
I have a theory that Bane was in the same prison as Bruce during BB. I can see Ras visiting another inmate as a backup plan, if Bruce failed him. And since then, he's been out of jail training hard, recruited by the LOS. And possibly he's going to be sent over to Hugo Strange for a bunch of experiments.

That would tie all the rumors together. Catwoman (or Selina) may not be the villian of the piece...I mean in the comics she is a loose cannon. Talia could yet be announced.