Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok, Anne. Show us what you got.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Only thing that really strikes me as being off on Hardy as Bane is I figured Bane would be a good bit taller than Bale, but whatever. Smoke and mirrors.

Indifferent on Hathaway, though I'm willing to give her a chance. Just wasn't my first choice.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

So far Ras, Scarecow and Joker have been far removed from their comic book origins in appearance and character that the race and physicality issue of Bane aren't going to bother me.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 00:01

from that pic she got the message.

I've always considered Bane's physical size as a essential component in how he's been depicted since his debut in "Vengeance of Bane" nearly 20 years ago. The same goes for the character's intelligence as well.

With race, I can give some slack there. Especially if we're not given anything in Bane's background  that's concrete. Much like the Joker's (and how he was originally presented).

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 00:51

I've always considered Bane's physical size as a essential component in how he's been depicted since his debut in "Vengeance of Bane" nearly 20 years ago. The same goes for the character's intelligence as well.

With race, I can give some slack there. Especially if we're not given anything in Bane's background  that's concrete. Much like the Joker's (and how he was originally presented).

I don't think Bane necessarily needs to tower over Bataman, as long as Hardy bulks up to his 'Bronson' physique or bigger.  Bear in mind, Stallone is only about 5'9" and yet after a 'few' sessions in the gym (and perhaps some steroids  ;)) one would hardly call him slight.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 00:01

Yeah, very nice pic.  ;)

She kind of looks a bit like Selina Kyle there, although the Jokeresque smile makes me think that she might have been a better choice for Harley Quinn.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 20 Jan  2011, 00:57
I don't think Bane necessarily needs to tower over Bataman, as long as Hardy bulks up to his 'Bronson' physique or bigger.

Not depicting Bane towering over Batman certainly will be a "first" from any depiction of the character I've ever been familiar with, but again, smoke and mirrors and lifts can help I'm sure.

Hopefully, bulking up will be a given.

QuoteBear in mind, Stallone is only about 5'9" and yet after a 'few' sessions in the gym (and perhaps some steroids  ;)) one would hardly call him slight.

Cinema has a way of making one appear as if they are 7 ft. tall, but I think there's something to be said about the underdog aspect of Stallone's Rocky and his fights with physically imposing opponents. In the series, Rocky is introduced as something of a shady character. A leg breaker. Intimidating in his own right despite being vulnerable and human as we are later shown. As the series progressed, the approach, and which was highly successful, was having Rocky challenged by fighters who were much more physically imposing than himself. None more so than Ivan Drago in Part IV. Which was very much a David vs. Goliath type of match.

So if the David vs. Goliath aspect of Batman vs. Bane is out in this version, then I think there's a certain component to their battles that is missing. Especially visually.

But oh well. A spectacular performance can lessen the sentiment of deviations. As we have seen in the past.

Just another Anne/Catwoman pic.

You're right about Rocky being the quintessential underdog but I was thinking more about Rambo when I made my comment about Stallone.  Ideally Bane would be a lot taller but I don't mind so much as long as he ends up being built like the perennial brick sh@thouse.