Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, for a lot of fans Nolan can do no wrong, and that's why I always believe that Burton's films will be more revered, more deviations were made with Nolan's films than Burton's and Burton just gets the character more. In fact Batman and Batman Returns still has rank today after all these years. They have stood the test of time.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sun,  3 Apr  2011, 19:14
Something else, and slightly silly. I remember years ago there was so much talk about Keaton being "too short" for Batman. Well, according to imdb, Tom Hardy is roughly the same height as Keaton (it says Keaton is 1,75 and Hardy is 1,78 m, big difference). I wonder if anyone in the online communities commented about that - Bane in the comics is always bigger and taller than Batman, and Bale's height is 1,83. Of course in movies they can make anyone look taller, but here it's really like double standards are at play. Nobody said that Hardy is too short for Bane.
Back when Hardy was cast and we were all speculating who he could be playing, I actually ruled out the possibility of Hardy being Bane due to his size.  How wrong I was.  I hope the film finds a way to make him look taller than Batman because I think you rob the character of his intimidating qualities if he's smaller than Batman.

Good point in bringing up the double standard, SilentEnigma.  I've also felt that, despite people complaining about Michael Keaton's size, the Dark Knight Batsuit ended up making Christian Bale look scrawnier than Keaton ever did in his Batsuits. 
It could've just been the superthin neck, but I've always been weirded out by how the new suit made Bale look like he shed muscle mass when he switched Batsuits in TDK.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Yeah, I agree about the TDK suit. Apart from looking less than aesthetically pleasing as a bat suit and too close to a "futuristic soldier" uniform (in my opinion anyway), it really made him look smaller.

I want to see Anne Hathaway, DAMNIT!