What can we do?

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 19 Apr 2008, 23:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Use this thread to post your ideas on how to mark the 20th anniversary.

Big or small - size matters not.  ;D

There's really nothing we can do. Except all watch it together on the birthday.

I mean, any organizing of fans for a viewing would be too limited in specific scope, seeing as many of the board's members are in the UK.

It would be nice if WB would do something, but I don't think it matters in light of the fact that it's "yesterday's franchise."
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Here's my write-up on BOF http://www.batman-on-film.com/batman-70-announcement_pjwares_4-15-08.html

I will be pursuing as many B89 crew members to interview as possible and I really want to organise a mini-convention here in the UK. Honestly, that's what I'd like to see. A load of fan get-togethers all over the world.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 06:59
There's really nothing we can do. Except all watch it together on the birthday.
There's nothing that can't be done  ;D thats the point of the thread, get any ideas down - no matter how strange (though i'm NOT on for any batman-themed swinger parties! :D

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 06:59
I mean, any organizing of fans for a viewing would be too limited in specific scope, seeing as many of the board's members are in the UK.
I thought most were in the US.  In fairness though, it is probably easier for UK'ers to meet up given the distances involved - still might involve plane journeys though.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 06:59It would be nice if WB would do something, but I don't think it matters in light of the fact that it's "yesterday's franchise."
Most likely, but if you don't ask you don't get.  Who would have predicted the the amount of Blade Runner re-releases - the attention (and continued attention i might add) to the Christopher Reeve movies.

"Postitive thinking - that's the name of the game. Think people, think." - Lex Luthor

Quote from: raleagh on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 12:05
Most likely, but if you don't ask you don't get.  Who would have predicted the the amount of Blade Runner re-releases - the attention (and continued attention i might add) to the Christopher Reeve movies.

Yes, but, S:TM isn't getting anything from WB for it's 30th anniversary. So what does that tell you?
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

What did it get in 2001? What does that tell you.

There is still the possiblity of something else for SII despite the Donner release.

Have some faith. 

Besides this thread is not about getting anything from Warners. It's about doing something ourselves to celebrate 20 years of Burton's Batman.

Quote from: raleagh on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 12:05
There's nothing that can't be done  ;D thats the point of the thread, get any ideas down - no matter how strange (though i'm NOT on for any batman-themed swinger parties! :D

Damn. There goes my idea.

Been there, done that......

I keed, I keed.......

Or do I? :) ;D

Hey! I have an idea. We can have a raffle for PJ's new Jacket!! ;D

To quote the late Charlton Heston.....

"From my cold dead hands!"