Favorite Joker Goon

Started by Furstmobile, Tue, 23 Nov 2010, 20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Who besides Bob of course, was your favorite Joker goon?

Lawrence
Terrence
Ray Charles Goon
Screaming Goon with beret and twin scimitars
Dancing Goon with champagne and candle stick
Fedora Goon "Wait a minute..."
Tall Goon "What is that?" (carried box of brushes & paint)
Heavyset Goon "Hey who is this guy?"
Overweight Graying Goon (defaces head bust)
Helicopter Pilot Goon
"Masks! Put 'em on now!" Goon
Other Minor Joker Jacket Goon
A Goon who only appears a Mime
I feel like I'm missing a notable goon. And I'm not sure which goon Terrence was.

But my favorite would have to be the Screaming Goon. He just jumps over this huge fence, wearing a beret and sunglasses and swinging around scimitars. Yelling the entire time. Holy crap!

The insanity of that particular goon has always fascinated me.

Tue, 23 Nov 2010, 22:35 #1 Last Edit: Tue, 23 Nov 2010, 22:42 by Gotham Knight
tie between Ray C, "Who is this guy?", Mime, "Masks!"

If forced to choose, I'll say RC, my reasoning being that I believe this was the best fight Batman has had on screen as of this date. It was big, overly dramatic, typicaly and wonderfuly 80s, and the only one on one fight that gets me going (non sexually. heh)  Its a situation where Batman is a bloody mess (Yet still DEADLY as F@#K and looking scarier) and he has to play defense/underdog, a rareity. Also, ultimately, to win Bats has to think and turns a seemingly simple game of possum into victory. It let all of Batman's lesser charished skills shine in one stroke by taking batman out of his comfort zone.

This is a tough poll. I've narrowed it down to the fat one and the fat one.

Ray Charles for sure.

Saved by the bell indeed.

Ray Charles, the dude gave Batman a run for his money.

Lawrence

A great example of a goon who was only useful when carrying around that boombox during the Joker's surprise encounters with Miss Vale.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hard to pick. I always crack up when I see them all so happy dancing with Joker at the museum. Priceless.

Wed, 24 Nov 2010, 20:47 #7 Last Edit: Wed, 24 Nov 2010, 20:55 by gordonblu
I voted for the heavyset "Who is this guy" Goon simply because he is Mac McDonald a.k.a Captain Hollister from Red Dwarf! I believe he is also the goon defacing the bust as well. Another side note on Mac McDonald is that he was also in Superman IV as a marshall (Marshall #2 according to IMDB) and the Fifth Element as a flying cop.

Of course Bob is still THE best goon!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 20:47
Of course Bob is still THE best goon!

Agreed. He was likeable. For being a bad guy that's a tough thing to do.

Damn, Ray Charles is popular. Do you think he could beat Bane?

Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 20:47
I believe he is also the goon defacing the bust as well.
Nope, there is definitely a second fat one. He's hidden behind one of the taller goons on the shot when they come through the doors. I had to keep rewinding the scene to make sure, the one defacing the bust definitely has gray hair. I think he's also the one with the helicopter pilot at the end.

Also, does anyone have an educated guess on the identity of Terrence?

I think it's either Fedora or one of the fat ones. At first I thought it was the Tall Goon with the box, put it looks he goes off on his own early in the sequence, doesn't look anyone else is ever around him either.