89 nostalgia...your memories of the hype

Started by shadowbat69, Mon, 22 Oct 2007, 01:36

Previous topic - Next topic
it was a while before i saw the movie but we had the cereal lol.

it was good! it was like captain crunch shaped like bats. then the batman returns cereal was like count chocula. i spilled a whole bowl of that in my lap cause i wasn't paying attention eating, i was doing the little catwoman card where when you move it the scene changes with my left hand and since i'm left handed i'm inept with my right so i put my hand with the spoon into the bowl too hard and it slid off into my lap. i got yelled at. :( lol.

Quote from: catwoman on Tue, 23 Jun  2009, 18:09
it was good! it was like captain crunch shaped like bats. then the batman returns cereal was like count chocula. i spilled a whole bowl of that in my lap cause i wasn't paying attention eating, i was doing the little catwoman card where when you move it the scene changes with my left hand and since i'm left handed i'm inept with my right so i put my hand with the spoon into the bowl too hard and it slid off into my lap. i got yelled at. :( lol.

I LOVE Batman cereal!! It definitely was like Captain Crunch.  :) I never did try the Returns cereal. I can't even remember it.  :-[

But yeah, it the first cereal was good.

My most memorable memory was how bad I wanted an applause BATMAN doll. But my mom refused to get it for me. She did end up buying me the Mad Magazine Batter BATMAN edition, though.

God I sooo wanted a batman toy, i remember trying to make one from scratch. AT 11 YEARS OLD. lol...  :-[
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Good stuff, I'm actually looking to get a diecast Burton batmobile from Batman '89, any stores or website I can go to?

I was too young for Batman (1989) - since I was born that year,  but I tell you what, I wore out my VHS copy. It was all I ever watched. To see this film as a child is magical.

Quote from: Grissom on Tue, 23 Jun  2009, 23:29
Good stuff, I'm actually looking to get a diecast Burton batmobile from Batman '89, any stores or website I can go to?

i think i saw a hot wheels one recently at walmart. just sayin.

Did you get it?!  I know it is out, but I haven't seen them in my area yet.  >:(

I wasn't able to experience the hype for Batman because it came out three years before I was born, but somehow, whenever I watch the film, it gives me such a nostalgic feel. It's weird... but very, very satisfying!