89 nostalgia...your memories of the hype

Started by shadowbat69, Mon, 22 Oct 2007, 01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks guys!  ;)

I know I have a picture of me in my very first 89 bat suit when i was a kid.. It was funky as hell but I'll post it when i find it anyways. lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

You're very photogenic in that picture, Batnar (& the Golden Gate Bridge is a nice touch). Hell, it looks like a California postcard!

At the time it was nothing like Ive ever experienced before, and such hype was only repeated handful of times since then. That golden logo was forever engraved in my memory, as was Burton's and Keaton's names and the golden WB logo.I was very young and just got into the batman comic books couple of months before the movie hit the theaters. I remember collecting the bubble gum cards and constantly talking about Batman and Joker characters with my friends when the movie was just about to be out. This movie and T2 have the biggest nostalgic value for me.

Just been going through some old photos of me and found this one from 1989

Hey cool pic Ral! I guess you probably called yourself Bat-kid back then.

Ah for the summer of '89 again.  ;D

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Mon, 27 Sep  2010, 14:08
Just been going through some old photos of me and found this one from 1989

You looked a lot like one of my childhood friends!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I was 8 years old when my dad took me to see it opening day. Before that day, my only notion of Batman was the 60s TV show. When we went to the cinema, there was a big cardboard poster of Keaton in the Bat-suit standing infront of the Bat-mobile. My jaw dropped as I was expecting grey tights as opposed to that kick-ass black suit! Just behind it was the official movie poster. I remember noticing how awesome and shiny the Bat emblem was. I was now more excited than ever as we got our seats. Once the opening credits started rolling with Elfman's masterful score, I too was in awe. I realized then that this was no joke. That this Batman movie was serious and way above me age-level. Imagine the impact that film had on an 8 year old kid who only saw the 60s TV show!

Needless to say, I became obsessed! All the trading cards I collected... oh the smell of bubble-gum...