Keaton and Nicholson 12'' Figures

Started by Cocoboloboy, Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Here are some pics of my 89' Joker and Batman figures, Let me know what you think of them.

I know its not screen accurate. But I replaced the 89' cowl with the 'Returns' cowl, because I thought it looked so much better.

I repainted the V.2. Joker head. It came out pretty good. Hopefully I can get a real custom Joker head soon. And a hat for him too!! ;D

Here is the extra Keaton head, and the displayed Batman cowl(as seen in the movie)

Believe it or not, I think I own Henry Wayne's first 89' Batman figure ever made. Here is proof on the box. It is un-numbered, which means it is 0/89. Possibly from Henry Wayne's personal collection?
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

They look great. I am so jealous!!! :D

Excellent score! That Batman is top notch. If I ever come across one of those for sale I'm gonna snag it for sure.
Your Joker looks good too. The paint apps on yours looks much better than what my stock head had.

Thanks for the compliments guys I really appreciate them!!!

I can't believe I snagged an 89' Batman myself. When I found out I was going to own a Henry Wayne Batman figure, it was like a dream at first. I was after that figure since early 2005 which was around the time Henry Wayne started producing them. I still can't believe I have one. And how lucky is that number? That's right, there is no number! The figure I received could have of been from Henry Wayne's personal collection which would explain why it's marked at 0/89 on the packaging.

My only regret is getting an unassembled figure. I thought it would be cool to assemble the figure myself, as many people do the same with their Henry Wayne Batman figures. Because who wants a used figure, right? but it's not so fun when you're holding super glue in one hand and a $300 Batman figure in the other. I had difficulty putting on most of the equipment on, even the cowl(which I was given instructions to use a hair dryer). Anyways, when trying to put the Keaton head in the cowl, some of the skin tone coloring was scuffed off of the face, which is why I had to re-paint it. But at least it came out nicely with the real skin tone look. I also added some realistic detail around the eye lids so it would look like the real Michael Keaton Batman we see in the film. 

The 89' Batman cowl was some what unsatisfying to me, which is why I replaced it with the 'Returns' cowl. I hope I have not offended anyone by doing this, but the Batman figure really does look so much better with that version cowl on. The 'Returns' cowl is not that much different really. Maybe I'll look for another 89' Batman head to replace the one I have now. I don't think I'll find it over night though.

Speaking of which, I would really like a custom Joker head to replace the one I have now. Originally the Joker head I received didn't look that crappy at all. I think the seller sent me one of the best Joker's they had in stock because I asked him so many questions about the faces of each figure, and if they were different, etc. But it obviously wasn't perfect. So I thought I would fix it up myself. I added hours of detail to the face, even re-painting the eyes from scratch. Hopefully soon, COCOBOLOBOY will send me that brim hat so I don't have to suffer any longer with my bare looking Joker figure.

Anyways, who wants more pics? ;D
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

I actually learned how to make flesh tone skin color with regular acrylic paints. Usually the professionals who are really good at it, use an air brush, and that's their secret. Overall, I think the Michael Keaton face came out nicely, wouldn't you agree?

I am about to upload some more pics, but I am very upset at the quality of this custom Joker figure. The gloves were painted, but never coated with any gloss finish. I am barely touching the gloves and the paint is chipping away. Adam, did you replace your Joker gloves or repaint them?

Here is Jack Nicholson as the Joker and Michael Keaton as Batman, face to face!I'm sorry but I could not find any places that sell the Cathedral.

How did you manage to get another Henry Wayne Batman figure? I thought you said Henry Wayne doesn't sell them anymore?

Here is an additional close-up of The Joker, and Batman. I also took a picture of my other Batman memorabilia. L@@K!!!