Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

I always had the impression that the soundtrack was qwerky and frantic. The CD reveals some somber stuff.

Thu, 30 Dec 2010, 14:13 #131 Last Edit: Thu, 30 Dec 2010, 14:16 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu, 30 Dec  2010, 13:42
I always had the impression that the soundtrack was qwerky and frantic. The CD reveals some somber stuff.
Yeah, agreed. "The List Begins" is a perfect example of what Returns was going for, IMO. The transition to the Batcave cue. Restrained, less identifiable as The Batman Theme, and adding in more mysticism, especially with how it ends.

There is amazingly good balance. The Triangle Gang theme is absolutely unleashed at the beginning of track three. Totally zany, but demented. And after that light on its feet melody, it ends mysteriously and sadly ? the moment Batman stares and walks off. It walks a fine line but never really crosses it.

I?m glad this release unearths more of that carnival sound throughout the entire length of the score. Joining zany and poignant themes together, without breaking the tone, is quite a feat. But it works.

if i get it today i want about 10 mins to quietly take in that this is real i been waiting for this since i was 7 just like i did with the 1989 Batman expanded edition i got my batman returns from moviemusic because i didnt want to wait until jan 3 for lalaland to start shipping again
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

still didnt come im about to have a nervous breakdown

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Dec  2010, 05:37
Quote from: phantom stranger on Thu, 30 Dec  2010, 01:58
So um, no instrumental version of Face to Face, huh?  :'(
No. I don't think such a thing exists. And it's certainly not in the film.

Funny, how I never realized the lyrics were in the background of that scene until just now.

Well, even if an instrumental version doesn't exist...it should exist.

I finally got my copy of the 2 disc editon of batman returns now im working on putting on youtube for those who don't have it wish me luck

Quote from: Kingdjack4500 on Fri, 31 Dec  2010, 23:35
I finally got my copy of the 2 disc editon of batman returns now im working on putting on youtube for those who don't have it wish me luck

Please don't.  I worked hard on that album and don't appreciate having it given away.  I'll go so far as to have YouTube delete your links.  If you like these kinds of releases and want them to continue (and want nice people like me to afford the rent) you'll respect that giving these things away will inevitably kill the industry you seem to enjoy.

Thank you and have a happy new year.

Neil

Quote from: Kingdjack4500 on Fri, 31 Dec  2010, 23:35

If you post any links or videos relating to this they will be deleted and your account deleted.

This site fully endorses and promotes any efforts to keep the Batman film properties alive...and as CarterOfMars has said, piracy threatens this.

ok i may wont it aint worth having it deleted

well that was taken care of iam enjoying batman returns as we speak and i have yet to hear all of but i still like the 1st score 1989 batman best with this as second a point about vlc while mines plays without the hissing the volume is low so i used windows media player and it plays great