Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Good stuff, due to the snow i haven't had any post since thursday...so hopefully it is sitting in a depot somewhere waiting for me  :)

Another little observation. About the triumphant, rising horn type sound made during The Penguin?s speech, the ?Fall from Grace? track. It is my opinion that this sound makes a re-appearance in ?Final Confrontation?. It?s the same style sound, but drenched in dread and doom, as The Penguin?s lair is destroyed by the missiles. It?s his earlier hope coming undone. It?s always been there, even in the previous release, but the numerous other inclusions in that track made me think about it a bit more.  

CD arrived today. I think I will leave it as a Christmas present to myself now at this point...it will probably take a few days for the CD to thaw out!

With all the hustle and bussle of Christmas over I finally got to sit down and give the CD a good listen.

My first impression is how "smooth" and rich the music sounds, quite remarkable.

So um, no instrumental version of Face to Face, huh?  :'(

i'm waiting for mines to come in hopefully tomrrow
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

it will be get with my 1989 batman limited edition
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Quote from: phantom stranger on Thu, 30 Dec  2010, 01:58
No. I don't think such a thing exists. And it's certainly not in the film.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Thu, 30 Dec  2010, 01:58

No multi-track masters turned up for this project.  Besides having to pay again to put the song on there, assuming you could even get the rights to re-mix their song, would be cost prohibitive.

Neil

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed, 29 Dec  2010, 19:01
My first impression is how "smooth" and rich the music sounds, quite remarkable.
I agree, the sound is great.

What do you think of the expanded content?