Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Penguin has FINALLY crashed the party! ;D ;D ;D

I'm loving the liner notes as well!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Batman Returns is one of John Takis's favorite scores.  He's been writing about film scores and writing liner notes for several years.  When I told him I was starting this project he was very excited.  When we needed a writer for the notes (Jeff Bond was busy writing the book for the upcoming Burton/Elfman set) the decision to get John to do this was a no-brainer.

He wrote a little about the experience at his blog found here.

Neil

That is very cool. it's also always nice to hear Batman Returns being raved about on other sites and blogs as well as here (which is a given already).

I'm loving this release, when I first looked at the running time on some of the cues, I was afraid certain moments might have been left out, but all of the ones I was anticipating are there! Huzzah! Bravo and thank you LaLa Land, MV ( the real one ;D), and CarterofMars!

Nothing should be missing from this release.  :)

Neil

I know it's all there, I just have panic attacks from time to time , especially pertaining to things I've waited a long time for (I was practically unbearable to be around while waiting for the Batman CD to arrive :-\).

Quote from: CarterOfMars on Tue,  7 Dec  2010, 23:00
Nothing should be missing from this release. 
As I'm still waiting, "should" isn't comforting me at this stage.

Do you have it all or not?  *:)

*Had to throw this in to appear friendly.

i feel like im in the tell tale heart.... the gift bag is throbbing under my impeccable christmas tree.

last night at 3 am I lay alone in the dark and listened to the cd. My thoughts and musings to come.

Suffice to say that the quality of the music let me into motifs I'd never heard, allowing me to absorb a newer point of view and even reconsider feelings about the characters.

You cracked! Look forward to reading your thoughts GK.

I love how Elfman breaks into Making Christmas during Shadow of Doom/ Clown Attack/ Introducing the Bat!