Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Getting Star Trek albums re-issued isn't as easy as "let's put them out chronologically".  Different scores were put out on different labels originally.  La-La Land has a deal in place with Sony who now owns the rights to the Trek V score.  That's how this came about.

Trek IV was put out originally on MCA Records, as was Star Trek VI (and Alien 3 now that I think about it).  Perhaps someday we'll get them.  I'd love to have them in my collection.

In the meantime, I'm very happy with the total package on Batman Returns and I'm sure you will be, too.  I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this.

Only way you'd get me to buy Star Trek V's score is if it had Shatner, Nimoy & Kelley singing Row Your Boat.

Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 04:36 #52 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 04:46 by gordonblu
I think it does have Row, row, row your boat. The score for Trek V is the best part about the film IMO.

Quote from: CarterOfMars on Mon, 29 Nov  2010, 22:29
Getting Star Trek albums re-issued isn't as easy as "let's put them out chronologically".  Different scores were put out on different labels originally.  La-La Land has a deal in place with Sony who now owns the rights to the Trek V score.  That's how this came about.

Trek IV was put out originally on MCA Records, as was Star Trek VI (and Alien 3 now that I think about it).  Perhaps someday we'll get them.  I'd love to have them in my collection.

In the meantime, I'm very happy with the total package on Batman Returns and I'm sure you will be, too.  I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this.

I had a feeling that was the case but, not having an insiders knowledge, wasn't entirely sure.

As far as the BR release, I'm chomping at the bit for quite a few of the cues not on the original release like the first Bat-attack, Penguin saving the mayor's child, the cross-cut costume montage, and especially the party-crashing!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 05:02 #53 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 06:55 by gotham22
I can't wait to get this.

Going to say this again. I hope Forever and B&R happens as well.

Since I do have the old Forever score and no B&R one, having a B&R one is on my mind more. I would like to have all 4 Burton/Shumacher Batman completed scores.

Quote from: gotham22 on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 05:02
Going to say this again. I hope Forever and B&R happen as well.
B89 and BR were my first preferences. Now that I?ve got my way, they can go ahead with those other two if they so desire. I wouldn?t buy them, though. A free download at most.

A complete score for all of the hummable Batman scores would be nice. B89 complete just made my day, BR is icing on the cake.  ;D
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 05:29
A free download at most.

If you like these kinds of releases and want them to keep happening for films and scores you enjoy, please don't steal them.

Also, I need to pay the rent.

Quote from: CarterOfMars on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 08:45
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 05:29
A free download at most.

If you like these kinds of releases and want them to keep happening for films and scores you enjoy, please don't steal them.

Also, I need to pay the rent.
I bought B89's complete score. And I will purchase BR's release as soon as the site updates. I want to physically hold onto the definitve sound of the character. Every Burton Batman fan should want to. Owning the Goldenthal scores just isn't the same high priority for me. I don't really go out of my way for the Schumacher era, that's all.

Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 14:32 #58 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Nov 2010, 15:07 by Gotham Knight
my pay pal is ready and waiting like a coiled predator; ready to slap your rent in the face.  ;D

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 14:32
my pay pal is ready and waiting like a coiled predator; ready slap your rent in the face.  ;D
Try as you may, I'm going to beat you to it.  ;)