Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

No, it didn't.  The full list is below:

BEST ARCHIVAL RELEASE OF AN EXISTING SCORE
? THE ALAMO, music by Dimitri Tiomkin (Tadlow/Prometheus) ? Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producers: James Fitzpatrick, Luc Van de Ven; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald; Album Art Direction: GINKO DIGI
? BATMAN RETURNS, music by Danny Elfman (La-La Land) ? Album Producers: Neil S. Bulk, Dan Goldwasser, MV Gerhard, Matt Verboys; Liner Notes: John Takis; Album Art Direction: David C. Fein
? BLACK SUNDAY, music by John Williams (Film Score Monthly) ? Album Producers: Lukas Kendall, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Scott Bettencourt, Mike Matessino, Jeff Eldridge, Al Kaplan; Album Art Direction: Joe Sikoryak
? CONAN THE BARBARIAN, music by Basil Poledouris (Tadlow/Prometheus) ? Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producer: James Fitzpatrick; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald; Album Art Direction: GINKO DIGI
? FAMILY PLOT, music by John Williams (Var?se Sarabande) ? Album Producers: Robert Townson, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Mike Matessino
? THE GOONIES, music by Dave Grusin (Var?se Sarabande) ? Album Producers: Robert Townson, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Mike Matessino; Album Art Direction: John Alvin, Drew Struzan
? INDEPENDENCE DAY, music by David Arnold ( La-La Land ) ? Album Producers: Nick Redman, Mike Matessino, Didier C. Deutsch, MV Gerhard, Matt Verboys; Liner Notes: Dan Goldwasser; Album Art Direction: Mark Banning
? LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, music by Maurice Jarre (Tadlow) ? Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producer: James Fitzpatrick; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald
? MIKL?S R?ZSA TREASURY, music by Mikl?s R?zsa (Film Score Monthly) ? Album Producer: Lukas Kendall; Liner Notes: Lukas Kendall, Al Kaplan, Frank K. DeWald, John Fitzpatrick; Album Art Direction: Joe Sikoryak
? SPARTACUS, music by Alex North (Var?se Sarabande) ? Album Producer: Robert Townson; Liner Notes: Robert Townson; Album Art Direction: Robert Townson, Matthew Joseph Peak, Bill Pitzonka

Neil

Quote from: CarterOfMars on Fri, 11 Feb  2011, 20:43
Isn't this front page news worthy?  ;)

It would be on this site only I am transferring stuff off the site at the moment

Congratulations Neil btw!

I rather the 1989 Batman got it instead of Indepence day
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

I love the Burton flicks. But there is a competitive edge between the two. This nomination (well deserved) is just further proof the BR score is the superior sound. Haha. Congratulations, Niel.

Quote from: gotham22 on Tue, 30 Nov  2010, 05:02
Going to say this again. I hope Forever and B&R happens as well.
Indeed, I found it hard to separate the music from the film. I've since changed my mind. I agree, let's get them both released. I've been listening to the Forever soundtrack, and it is pretty good. Better than the BB/TDK stuff, personally. It has the comic roots at heart, and is something you can hum. Case in point, the main title theme. While not on the same level of Elfman, it genuinely captures the character and still manages to get you going. I wonder if we can get another petition going, ala the B89/BR days?

Sun, 10 Apr 2011, 19:07 #155 Last Edit: Sun, 10 Apr 2011, 19:14 by SilentEnigma
Yeah, they should release them. I have a soft spot for the music of Batman Forever, I remember very well that the Goldenthal album was the second CD I ever purchased in my life, and the music, accompanied by the booklet photos & artwork, were my first real glimpse into the world of the film. I'm not a big fan of BF, the movie istelf left me with a "WTF" and I've bashed it in the past but, you know, Nostalgia is a strange beast. Here is a quote from my favourite review of this score

QuoteBATMAN FOREVER's complete score runs in excess of 130 minutes, with several sections omitted from the film.  In condensing the mammoth work to 45 minutes for Atlantic's rather generous release (following the cost of the song compilation, they had originally tried to force Goldenthal into a 30-minute album), the composer retains most of the highlights of the score, and the album plays as a magnificent listening experience.  The timid need not apply, since Goldenthal actually crafts FOREVER as a hilarious parody of traditional comic-book film scoring stipulations (witness the uproarious cue titles), underscoring not necessarily the actions on screen, but rather his OPINIONS of the actions.  Since much of the film revolves around a laughable script and anachronistic, surreal set designs, Goldenthal's music retains a certain bizarre splendor whose purposefully over-the-top, satirical action cues and seemingly incongruous subtle commentaries on the dire state of summer blockbusters present a perverse, yet ingenious and compelling cinema of ironies.

full article: http://scoresheet.tripod.com/Reviews/BatmanForever.html A nice read for those that like this score

There also one for Batman here http://scoresheet.tripod.com/Reviews/batman.html

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Apr  2011, 09:42
I wonder if we can get another petition going, ala the B89/BR days?

Save your energy.

Quote from: CarterOfMars on Sun, 17 Apr  2011, 15:26
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Apr  2011, 09:42
I wonder if we can get another petition going, ala the B89/BR days?

Save your energy.

Because it's futile, or because it's already planned?
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Sun, 17 Apr  2011, 17:18
Because it's futile, or because it's already planned?
Well, a petition wouldn't do a damn thing. It gives me the illusion of making a difference/getting things done. I can see what he means there. Let's just hope it is already planned.