Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Quote from: Uncle Bingo on Mon, 29 Nov  2010, 23:22
Only way you'd get me to buy Star Trek V's score is if it had Shatner, Nimoy & Kelley singing Row Your Boat.
lol
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Quote from: Matuatay on Sun,  5 Dec  2010, 06:04
I'm so jealous.  Right now being unemployed with about $100 to my name, I really can't afford to get this...and I've waited 20 damn years!   >:(

I still haven't managed to get my hands on the extended 'Batman' release for the 89 film, either.  Sheesh I need a job in the worst way.
damn

I received my copy last week and gave it a good listening to and was extremely impressed.  So glad I went ahead and bought it!  5/5 from this listener.  I was a little confused by some of the tracks on the 2nd CD though.  Were some of those tracks music that was written for them film in 91/92 and just not used, or were they made specifically for this special edition score?  I haven't had a chance to read the booklet that came with the CDs, so maybe it's explained in there.  Anyway, great stuff!  Now to purchase the 'Batman' extended score...

Quote from: Matuatay on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 05:13
Were some of those tracks music that was written for them film in 91/92 and just not used, or were they made specifically for this special edition score? 
No, those tracks weren't made specifically for this release....

I received my copy last week and gave it a good listening to and was extremely impressed.  So glad I went ahead and bought it!  5/5 from this listener.  I was a little confused by some of the tracks on the 2nd CD though.  Were some of those tracks music that was written for them film in 91/92 and just not used, or were they made specifically for this special edition score?  I haven't had a chance to read the booklet that came with the CDs, so maybe it's explained in there.  Anyway, great stuff!  Now to purchase the 'Batman' extended score...
I think thats how they were oringnally named if that helps

Only three small bits of music were composed and not used in the film.  They're all represented on the album and it's all explained in the liner notes.

Neil

Thanks you guys!  I've had the cd(s) in my truck player since I received them and have immensly enjoyed.  I have to watch it though because certain tracks cause me to put the pedal to the metal without even being aware of it. 

It's amazing for me to think back to late 1992/early 93 when I first purchased the original Batman Returns soundtrack on cassette (back in the day) and was disappointed because I didn't hear all the tracks I wanted to hear, and now after almost 20 years I finally have them.  What a trip. 

And I have Batman Movie Online to thank for it because I would have probably never known the full score was available for release if not for this site and it's dedication to the Burton films in particular.

Fri, 11 Feb 2011, 20:18 #147 Last Edit: Fri, 11 Feb 2011, 20:20 by Paul (ral)
http://filmmusiccritics.org/

La-La Land Records Batman Returns re-release has been nominated in the Best Archival Release of an Existing Score category by The International Film Music Critics Association.

This is fantastic news - La-La Land deserve all the credit and recognition they receive for their work on Danny Elfman's scores.

The first thing I did was call my parents when I saw the nominations.

Isn't this front page news worthy?  ;)

Neil

did the 1989 batman get it also