Batman Returns Limited Edition OST 2 CD Set

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Aug 2010, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
13 (76.5%)
4 outa 5
4 (23.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Your reviews made this fan even more excited.

Dark Knight, that's an excellent article.

I think I must have a bad disc. Disc two is ok, but disc one sounds awful. Pops and hisses galore and a weird rythmic pulsing on nearly ever track. Very disappointed at the moment, I can't even stand to listen to it right now it's so bad.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Try it in another CD player if you have one.  I've played the finished master and the actual pressed disc and did not encounter any anomalies as you describe (neither has anyone else who bought this album).  If not, contact LLL and I'm sure they'll be glad to offer you a replacement.  Do it soon though as they'll be shutting down for the rest of the year starting on Friday, I think.

Neil

There are no anacondas or pythons on this release. Hiss is nowhere to be heard.

Something is going on. Rip the thing onto Itunes and see what you've really got on there.

That's what I've done, twice. Still the same, even at high quality import settings.

I'll get in touch with LLL and see if a replacement can be had.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

When did yours arrive PJ? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Sat, 18 Dec 2010, 17:51 #116 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 04:34 by THE BAT-MAN
I got mine yesterday, originally I wanted to wait and open it on Christmas but, when I read PJ's comments regarding a possible defect.  I had to listen to it and make sure that my copy was okay. 

First,  let me just say,  Thank You  La La Land for everything that you are doing with the expanded releases.  You personally, have fullfilled this Batman fan's desire for a complete score release.

This isn't going to be a review because, The Dark Knight already covered that and may I say an excellent review it is.

I played Batman Returns on three different players.  The first player was a VLC player on my computer, When played, I too heard hisses and a wierd rythmic pulsing that would occurr every so often at the beginning of each track on Disc One. However, when I used the second and third players (Windows Media Player/ Durabrand Player),  The Discs played perfectly. There were no hisses or pulses and the sound was crystal clear.  If there are any defects, it might have more to do with the player and not the disc. 

As far as this release is concerned La La Land Records have personally outdone themselves and should be commended for their hard efforts in bringing us these 2 masterpieces by Danny Elfman in complete expanded archival format. 

There is one track in particular that I would like to comment on and that is, The Zoo (alternate) on Disc 2.  It reminded me of the scene in Beetlejuice, when the fly is flying through the model.

Ral, i'm still waiting on my copy mate, and I ordered mine the day of release.

Quote from: Joker81 on Sun, 19 Dec  2010, 16:21
Ral, i'm still waiting on my copy mate, and I ordered mine the day of release.
Hold in there. Both of you. As frustrating as your wait is, if your shipping address is correct, it's only a matter of time. Hopefully you'll have it this week.

Recieved mine in the post today :-) but havent opened it yet!