1992 vs 2010

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 18 Jul 2010, 07:39

Previous topic - Next topic
if there's already a post like this, sorry.

if batman returns was coming out this year or had already come out this year, how do you guys think it would have been recieved by the masses? i'm talking about compared to the soccer mom backlash in 1992. like batman told pengy, things change, and they have changed, so do you think it would have been different for br too?

Though one. It may have been received better...it was a little ahead of it's time. Had it been released today it would have had better SFX so certainly would have been more fantastical and gothic.

since people love dark endings these days i'm sure they would have opted to have selina die as well.

I'm not sure it would have that fantastical edge to it had it been released today. The "in" thing now is realism and that would mean no Penguin Army or umbrella-copter (two of my favorite things in the film).

Despite some good throwaway moments in Alice, Burton has moved beyond his FUN gothic phase. :'(
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

No matter what era it was released in, I think it would still receive a similar polarizing response. Especially from that "Batman" crowd.

"Dark" is more "in" today than it ever was.

I saw maybe one story that mentioned parents upset about the dark elements of Dark Knight. I believe Batman Returns had a lot more stories that contained negative references to its dark elements.

Although, in some respects, the Penguin is a darker character than Heath's Joker.

Tue, 20 Jul 2010, 01:40 #6 Last Edit: Tue, 20 Jul 2010, 01:42 by silenig
Quoteif batman returns was coming out this year or had already come out this year, how do you guys think it would have been recieved by the masses?
I'd hate to see a *BEEP* emo crowd in that movie!

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 20 Jul  2010, 01:40

Funnily enough, some of the crowd in the scene where The Penguin places flowers at his parents' graves looked a lot like typical emos.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 20 Jul  2010, 01:40
Quoteif batman returns was coming out this year or had already come out this year, how do you guys think it would have been recieved by the masses?

i would have been miss gillette. passing out razor blades.

what? me? evil? never.