BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 17 Aug  2010, 11:42
And here's a question for CarterOfMars. Was there any other existing material that you could not fit onto the set due to run time issues?
No, there was nothing left off.

Tue, 17 Aug 2010, 17:33 #151 Last Edit: Tue, 17 Aug 2010, 17:35 by Darrell Kaiser
Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Sat, 14 Aug  2010, 01:48
Has anyone ever noticed how different the musical score is presented in the Shadows Of The Bat: The Cinematic Saga Of The Dark Knight documentary?

What I mean is, if you listen carefully at the end of "The Road To Gotham City" The music being used is when Batman is flying the Batwing and he releases Joker's balloons.  You can clearly hear more brass in the orchestra and less percussion.  Yet on the Expanded Cd release you can hear more percussion and less Brass.

Here is another example.  At the beginning of "The Gathering Storm." The music being used is Waltz To The Death.  You can clearly hear a more heavy emphasis on the drums.  Yet on both the Expanded Cd and The Original Soundtrack.  The drums are not played as heavily.

Here is "The Gathering Storm" listen carefully at the drums at the beginning it starts 13 seconds in after Joker dances with vicki.

Any reason why this is the case, CarterOfMars? My guess is that the tracks were equalized, while the ones used for the DVD features were modified.

The ordering is done either through paypal or yahoo services which is a seperate entity from the site.

Not sure about preorder? CarterofMars?

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue, 17 Aug  2010, 17:33Any reason why this is the case, CarterOfMars? My guess is that the tracks were equalized, while the ones used for the DVD features were modified.
That's the actual film mix playing there.  The quality of it is not as good as what we included on the final CD.  There's some compression on it and some potting which means it's not really suitable for CD presentation.

No pre-orders on Batman Returns.  La-La Land will announce it one week before it's due to come out and then begin taking orders the following week around noon PST.

Can I just ask something, and I am not knocking the CD, I love it and thank you to all that was involved in getting it produced.

However, the scene where the Joker gatecrashes in Vickis apartment, Beatuiful Dreamer is playing on his Goons getto-blaster.

Surley this is not the original Beatiful Dreamer, and was actually conducted by Elfman for this scene?

I say this because when Bruce makes his appearence there is a tune, like a flutter from a flute - then a 'dum dum dum dum dum' from a bass. This accompanies the moment perfectly and seems either seperate from Beatiful Dreamer, but still with keeping to the tune, or incorporated into the track in this scene.

Surely this is not part of the original Beautiful Dreamer? And if not then this small segment is missing from the new CD?

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue, 17 Aug  2010, 22:18
Can I just ask something, and I am not knocking the CD, I love it and thank you to all that was involved in getting it produced.

However, the scene where the Joker gatecrashes in Vickis apartment, Beatuiful Dreamer is playing on his Goons getto-blaster.

Surley this is not the original Beatiful Dreamer, and was actually conducted by Elfman for this scene?

I say this because when Bruce makes his appearence there is a tune, like a flutter from a flute - then a 'dum dum dum dum dum' from a bass. This accompanies the moment perfectly and seems either seperate from Beatiful Dreamer, but still with keeping to the tune, or incorporated into the track in this scene.

Surely this is not part of the original Beautiful Dreamer? And if not then this small segment is missing from the new CD?
Elfman did not conduct the score.  Shirley Walker did.

Also that cue, as the notes mention, is indeed a previously recorded version of Beautiful Dreamer and not composed for Batman.

Here it is on YouTube: 

QuoteThat's the actual film mix playing there.  The quality of it is not as good as what we included on the final CD.  There's some compression on it and some potting which means it's not really suitable for CD presentation.
Shoot. I wish I could have just that build-up cue, as I really enjoy it with the heavy percussion.

Wed, 18 Aug 2010, 06:33 #157 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Aug 2010, 06:35 by The Dark Knight
CarterOfMars, how did you and your team come up with the new track names?
Were they based off original names by Elfman, or was it just a thing to differentiate this from the original soundtrack release? And if so, do you have any unused track name ideas you threw around to share?

All titles came from the legal cue sheets and are presumably Elfman's.

^ Thanks.

I'm going to put on B89, put the television on mute, start a scene and play the corresponding isolated cue over it. Should be an interesting experience. I'm particularly looking forward to doing Shootout and Showdown I/Showdown II.