BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

QuoteAnd you know, now that I think of it...whatever the issues fans have with one aspect of the movies - be it Burton's vision, Keaton's casting, Penguin bile - Danny Elfman's themes are one thing we can all agree on.
Absolutely agree here. The music cannot be denied.

Great write up Ral!!! Agree with everything you say mate. I love this score and am glad it has finally got the release it deserved. Well doe to La La.

Still NO word about this over at BOF.

They can't say they don't know about it by now.

It's not a good look.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 15 Aug  2010, 07:53
Still NO word about this over at BOF.

They can't say they don't know about it by now.

It's not a good look.

Who cares what they do? I visit that site maybe about once every six months, and it's usually just to read an old article I found through Google.

I know there's some resentment towards them because many view them as the "preeminent" Batman site but that should just push us harder to improve this site.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sun, 15 Aug  2010, 17:27Who cares what they do?
Pushing the Nolan agenda and dismissing Burton is a habit for them. You may not read their main page often, but a lot of folks do. And for a major Batman resource, I think we deserve better. They have this reputation and they don't do themselves any favours in reversing it.

They don't even hide it. As I said, they surely know about it by now. We and the rest of the internet cannot be in on a secret here. The fact they are obviously turning a blind eye and ignoring it with their silence is frankly offensive and telling.

I know Elfman wipes the floor with Zimmer - and they don't want to be too loud about that and steal their brand's thunder, but again, it's called Batman on Film.

I imagine they have the dismissive attitude of "the film is 20 years old, get over it, and BB and TDK are better anyway." And that "we don't need more".

Whatever they say, there is interest in the film, and that is highlighted with the demand this soundtrack has had. La La Land have undoubtedly turned a nice profit. Hell, this very website is proof of Burton Batman interest.

I bet you with my life that if this were a Nolan release, it'd be extensively covered. I get that they are centric on new news, and at the moment that is Nolan. But when there is information on past material - eg. Burton, have the decency to report it. A line or two on the main page wouldn't hurt at all. And then people like me wouldn't be calling you out on it all the time.

^Agreed

Praise Paul/ral for this site and this board because without it, I would not have known about this.

And thank you, CarterofMars, and everyone else involved in bringing us the full film score and unused cues.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I thought I was pretty much alone in my views until I found this site. We may not always completely see eye to eye all the time, but we at least have the decency to ACTUALLY respect each others opinions which is very rare on the internet these days. Thank you, Ral, for this wonderful oasis in the internet desert.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun, 15 Aug  2010, 19:46
And thank you, CarterofMars, and everyone else involved in bringing us the full film score and unused cues.

You're welcome!

To those that do not have the CD and have downloaded it online, I have one thing to say to you. As I have the CD and have listened to the quality of the download making the rounds, the two cannot be compared. The CD quality is vastly superior. It is smoother, louder and just better in all areas. Sorry for rubbing it in to those without the CD, but that's just the truth.

And here's a question for CarterOfMars. Was there any other existing material that you could not fit onto the set due to run time issues?

I have a question:

I got my CD from a friend who went to comic con where they were selling them, thus I didn't go through the ordering process at La La Land. I've been to the site, but I am unaware of...the procedure, as it were.

I intend to buy RETURNS straight from the site. My question is, When you order from La La, what's the process you go through to put out an order. Is there a membership thing with a password and a basket...Or what? Need to know because I'm gonna be sitting at my comp ready to buy the second RETURNS comes out.

PS: Stupid question: Do they have pre order?