BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

I just found out that Elfman was at Comic Con on Thursday, for the announcement of the Burton/Eflman boxed set. Did La La Records start selling the Batman CD by this time? If so and if I was there, I would have tracked him down so it could have signed it.

Yes, it was on sale at Comic Con the entire time, starting with preview night.

Hi CarterofMars, were you involved with the release in anyway?

Damn, that would have been a hell of an opportunity to have Elfman sign the complete soundtrack. Many of the panelist sometimes walk around the area. That's how I met John Landis. It also would have been cool if he just dropped by the booth selling the soundtrack just to say "hi" to the fans.

Finally listened to it. The remastered score on disc 2 sound the same as the original. I really didn't hear a difference.

The bonus cues should have been on disc 1.

Tue, 3 Aug 2010, 22:05 #106 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 16:56 by THE BAT-MAN
Here is the panel interview of Danny Elfman at Comic Con.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

La-La Land Records responded to my email today. They have indeed been swamped with a huge response to the Batman record.

However they did say "rest assured, we will process and ship each and every online order we receive".

They said that anyone who not yet received a CD should be patient...they will arrive.

Quote from: gotham22 on Tue,  3 Aug  2010, 21:30
The bonus cues should have been on disc 1.
CDs hold up to 80 minutes of music.

Disc 1 runs over 75 minutes.

There are 15 minutes of bonus cues on disc 2.

Wed, 4 Aug 2010, 06:57 #109 Last Edit: Wed, 4 Aug 2010, 06:59 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: CarterOfMars on Tue,  3 Aug  2010, 14:42
Probably because it's a weird edit and not the way Danny Elfman composed the cue.  Disc one presents the score as Elfman intended it.
If that is the case, the disc should be clear on that - because it is not sold as that.
Disc 1 is marketed as the film version of the score. I don't care if it's the way Elfman intended it or not, if that's the way the cue appears in the film, it should be on disc 1. There's nothing weird about it, either. It just adds in some drum beats before the final crescendo.