BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: PJ on Sat, 31 Jul  2010, 08:32
Glad you're happy. I can't even get a reply to my emails and since my card has yet to be charged too, I'm guessing there is a problem.

I have just sent an email, but my guess is that:

They weren't doing any shipping for a week preceding the 27th July and with the 3 new CD releases and the backlog of a weeks worth of orders that they are just swamped.

Quote from: PJ on Sat, 31 Jul  2010, 08:32
Glad you're happy. I can't even get a reply to my emails and since my card has yet to be charged too, I'm guessing there is a problem.

I'm sorry you're having a hassle with your order.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Keep in mind that La La Land is not a giant manufacturer. If I recall correctly, there is only a couple of people that handle orders. And they're the same people that do all the other work.

Minor criticism about the score:

I think certain cues should have been seperated, like not including the paper spin music after the Batcave theme. And so on.

And I'm glad we have the unused Joker Flies to Gotham track, but it did not appear in the film, and it's infront of a cue that did appear in the film. It should have been on disc two with all of the other unused material.

But really, these are nitpicks.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  2 Aug  2010, 03:15
Minor criticism about the score:

I think certain cues should have been seperated, like not including the paper spin music after the Batcave theme. And so on.

And I'm glad we have the unused Joker Flies to Gotham track, but it did not appear in the film, and it's infront of a cue that did appear in the film. It should have been on disc two with all of the other unused material.

But really, these are nitpicks.

Yeah, if I had sequenced the score, Batwing I would have been a part of the Batwing II/ Batwing III track.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Mon,  2 Aug  2010, 03:27
Yeah, if I had sequenced the score, Batwing I would have been a part of the Batwing II/ Batwing III track.

I think they said they tried that and it didn't sound good.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 30 Jul  2010, 16:16
The issue here is I don't think they expected this kind of 'high volume' for BATMAN, thus the confusion and need for review, which only proves that a Limited Release of 5000 units was ridiculous.

Agreed.

I finally got my copy. But have't listened to it yet.

Can not wait for Returns and hopefully Forever.

Anyone know why they put the film version of "Charge of the Batmobile" on disc two, and not with the rest of the film score on disc one?

Probably because it's a weird edit and not the way Danny Elfman composed the cue.  Disc one presents the score as Elfman intended it.