BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

I can confirm that La-La-Land Records is releasing the complete score for Returns. I was at SDCC and picked up my copy of the B89 score and they handed me a paper foretelling later releases in the year, and listed was Batman Returns. The booth manager told me, additionally, that it's coming out for Christmas. To which I gleefully told him they were brilliant for that.

And I can tell you myself that, aside from a few very minor shifts in audio quality (that you'd have to have headphones on and turn it up LOUD to hear), the release of the '89 score is phenominal. The original soundtrack edition has been so cleaned-up, it finally sounds like an official release instead of a bootleg. Likewise, the first disc (which houses the complete score and is the arrangement of the music heard in the film) is beautiful. The bonus tracks are awesome as well. Interesting to hear the different things Elfman wanted to do, and the track "Joker Flies to Gotham" that switches into the Batwing appearance music is really awesome.

Interesting how it didn't seem like that much music was missing from the original release, but it was easily almost 15 minutes worth (!), and some of them key cues. Also great moments of music were just cut out of the middle of tracks all together (most noticably the moment in the film when Batman releases the balloons from the Batwing's claw). This complete release is a MUST-HAVE. Don't pass on it!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

-drools-

oh..someone have mercy on us dogfaces

Yeah, upload those bonus tracks to YouTube!

Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 00:54 #33 Last Edit: Mon, 26 Jul 2010, 00:57 by Paul (ral)
Being in Ireland, I probably won't get my hands on a copy for week or so.

Does anyone fancy doing an official review for the site...the more indepth the better.

PM me...thanks

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 00:43
Yeah, upload those bonus tracks to YouTube!
Indeed. I'll be hoping someone uploads it in the meantime. It sounds absolutely fantastic.

I think when I buy the soundtrack, I'll get the book Danny Elfman's Batman: A Film Score Guide to go along with it. I hope that Prince will one day put out a double disc special edition of his soundtrack for Batman.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 19:50
I think when I buy the soundtrack, I'll get the book Danny Elfman's Batman: A Film Score Guide to go along with it.

Excellent idea.

OMG La La Records site also has the music from Idiocracy and Speed 2!

3 dreams coming true all at once!

how is the Batman score being handled by this dog & pony show???

Tue, 27 Jul 2010, 11:33 #38 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 16:54 by THE BAT-MAN
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 20:12
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 19:50
I think when I buy the soundtrack, I'll get the book Danny Elfman's Batman: A Film Score Guide to go along with it.

Excellent idea.

I have that book,  it's really insightful on how Danny made the score.  I even wrote a letter to the author, expressing my appreciation and interest.  She actually wrote me back, and was very pleased that I had enjoyed the book.

I also have Danny Elfman's Batman in Focus.  Which is a more recent release, although it is not as detailed as Danny Elfman: A Film Score Guide, it still gives insight on the making of the score as well as providing some extracts from the original sheet music.

Here's a link to read the actual book to Danny Elfman: A Film Score Guide

http://books.google.ca/books?id=OGOYqpxsyRgC&lpg=PP1&dq=Danny%20Elfman's%3A%20A%20Film%20Score20Guide&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here's link for Danny Elfman's Batman In Focus

http://www.rhinegold.co.uk/education/education_catalogue.asp?m=2&id=58

Help!!!! I don't see anyway to order it from their website. Perhaps I am missing something?