BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Have any of you ordered it through PayPal? Just curious, because I had to( they wouldn't take my debit card), and I've been notified by PayPal that payment WAS sent, but I've heard nothing from LaLaLand. I was hoping this is typical, but my pessimism is convincing me I did something wrong.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

gordonblu, i used my visa to order the normal way and they sent me a confirmation email. They also sent me another email today to say the CD had been shipped.

If you don't hear anything after a couple of days I would contact them just to make sure everything is ok.

Did you put the product code number in the info section of the paypal payment?

Has anyone else used Paypal for La-La Land?

I included all of the info they requested.

Great to hear, Gotham Knight.

They've got all the music there, right? Notice anything missing?

Oh, and how is the 20 page booklet?

Thu, 29 Jul 2010, 17:16 #74 Last Edit: Thu, 29 Jul 2010, 17:21 by Gotham Knight
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 29 Jul  2010, 02:26
Great to hear, Gotham Knight.

They've got all the music there, right? Notice anything missing?

Oh, and how is the 20 page booklet?

Haven't really broached the booklet much yet. Hate me if you want ;)

I'm certain it?s all there. (If I'm wrong, please correct me)  My obsessive ear for BATMAN and my sfx-ridden copy standing by for comparison (and its last rodeo) detects nothing missing. However, three tracks (Joker Commercial, News Theme, Charge of the Batmobile [Film Version]) are separated from CDI(Film Version) and are on CDII(Remastered Album) as part of the bonus cues.

Again, I'm pretty certain it?s all there.

Until I can get the bonus cues up on the Youtube, which will hopefully be today, let me tell you about them

News Theme: Self explanatory

Joker's Commercial: Self-explanatory. Sound great btw!

Joker's Muzak: Probably has some sort of explanation in the booklet, I haven't pulled away from the music enough to look, but to my ear it sounds like the beginnings of a Joker theme set to a Vicki Vale-esque tone (my knowledge of music terminology is staggering, folks) and is actually a sad piece really, that has a loftiness about it, as though trying to find some humanity.

Main Title Alt 1: Has a rawer feeling than the reg main title...meaning less processed and fine-tuned. It?s way bigger at the first crescendo. Sounds like, to my naive ears, like an extra set of drums are right there in the earphones. The drums are huge, too!! Dum dada Dum Dadadad Dum!

Photos - Beautiful Dreamer: Essentially identical until the ?Beautiful Dreamer Melody? which pans out very similarly until it gets really going, and them seems to be slower and, loftier than what made it into the film. The ending is the most notable difference. Same basic idea, just reworked?higher pitch, I think the word would be.

Batman to the Rescue (Original Ending): It?s only about fifty-one seconds. The same until the music reaches the point where Batman hits the door and gets off the gauntlet with Vale. It fades like it usually does, then starts onto a slower piece of music that suddenly explodes into what I think is an early working of a tune from the cathedral scene where Batman falls on the pews. Then it gets all chase like as it ends. I personally get a ?Go ask him!? feeling as though this was arranged over extra dialogue with Joker inside after ?Wonderful Toys? and maybe even an extra struggle amongst goons outside with Bats. I?m spit balling with the latter, but I feel pretty sure about GO ASK ?EM.

Charge of the Batmobile (Film version): Same except that it has an extra beat right after the comedic confusion piece directed at the goons looking at the bomb. It?s an extra DUM before Dadadadad Dum DAAA Dum (yeah?clear as mud aren?t I). Also the charge of the car through the fire seems rawer with some extra underscore. Might be grasping at straws on that one.

Main Title Alt 2: Really isn?t that much different than the reg album version ??..
?..except for the secret ending featuring the orchestra having fun with Beautiful Dreamer. You can hear the late Shirley Walker directing them at the beginning. Really funny. It?s all very goofy, but, it makes me feel connected?good. Like I Quantum Leaped back in time. After Dreamer it goes into a creepy rendition of the Get a Load of Me oop oop? piece and it leaves you with that. And somehow, closure....

EDIT: On CDI there is an unused cue called 'Joker Flies to Gotham' Tagged on the front of 'Batwing I.' Sounds great for as short as it is.

I notified LaLaLand today and they confirmed everything was okay with my order. PHEW! I need to not let my pessimism get the best of me.

Quote from: gordonblu on Thu, 29 Jul  2010, 18:48
I notified LaLaLand today and they confirmed everything was okay with my order. PHEW! I need to not let my pessimism get the best of me.
I was wondering how things would turn out with your order. Glad everything's ok.

Batman to the Rescue (Original Ending)

The ending of the Batman to the Rescue cue is what they used at the beginning of the Making of a Hero documentary! Nice to hear that on there. Thanks for the uploads!

Your welcome!

I don't think I'll do anymore cause I don't want to screw La La too much.