BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

I GOT IT!!

It's literally in my hands as we speak!!!!!

A friend of mine (who HATES BATMAN in all his forms) waited in line just to get this for me!!!!

YES YES YES!

first track I listened to was "Men at Work"  which is the interaction between Joker and scientist "TAKE IT OUT A WHOLE NEW DOOR!"

It's lush and rich beyond my wildest dreams! I can only hope I'm as fortunate with RETURNS as I was with this!

Good deal, man. Now PUT THEM ON YOUTUBE!
Haha, just kidding! I'll wait for mine to come in the mail.

I'd do it in a heart beat if the WMA wouldn't immediately stab me in the heart!

I thought they worked out a deal so that they aren't hardasses about stuff like that.

that's great GK, good to hear the sound is THAT impressive!

NEW AND IMPROVED JOKER COMMERCIAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed, 28 Jul  2010, 18:13
that's great GK, good to hear the sound is THAT impressive!

It is! It's like...there are nuances and pieces of music (and even music under music) that I've never heard before (even with the complete score bootleg, bad quality and sfx and all) that create such a new perspective on the score when you get to hear away from the movie, in particular bits like the 'Showdown I' when Batman is beating up the Joker "I'm going to kill you." The music takes on a new persona. It's frankly rather ominous. It's like getting to know Batman again.  

The unused pieces are so awesome. I figured they were thrown out for a reason. They rock. Later today, mayhaps I'll post the bonuses!!  ;) ;)

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 28 Jul  2010, 06:07
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 28 Jul  2010, 02:55

A 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD/Blue-Ray for Batman Returns...

All I need it that, a Returns Limited Edition Soundtrack, Batman Forever Limited Edition Soundtrack and A Batman Forever Director's Cut and then I'll be happy.

Ordered mine yesterday!

Interestingly enough, I sent La La Land Records an E-Mail in May asking if there were any plans concrete for Batman: The Animated Series OST Volume 2 and perhaps Special Editions for Danny Elfman's BATMAN and Batman Returns OSTs, to which they replied that WB was keeping their licenses close to themselves at the moment and that there isn't anything coming out in the near future.

A precautious white lie. I was actually positively surprised when it was announced two months laters. Now let's just how further Batman: The Animated Series OST volumes are on the way after the release of the new Batman Returns OST.