BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: gotham22 on Sat, 24 Jul  2010, 04:41
I hope LA LA Land Records does the same with the other film scores. Especially Batman and Robin.

They don't have the rights to do it yet but believe they are looking into it with an aim to have a release over the next 12 months or so.

Beside the film being so terrible. I bet some wouldn't mind having an official  score in their hands.

Yea, as a film score aficionado I will often purchase music from movies I disliked. Goldenthal's music may be associated with some bad films, but it's still fun and inventive.

I looked into the likelihood of a new Batman soundtrack release a few weeks ago on some message boards, and people seemed to think we would get Batman (1989) or BaR.

You would think Elfman's two scores would be top priority for Bat fans, but I actually saw comments of BaR preferance over Elfman. I found that gobsmacking.

I may understand the desire for completist purposes, but wanting Goldenthal's score more, and letting Elfman's definitive score gather dust for longer? Honestly, even though I have no listened to Goldenthal's cues individually away from the film for a very long time, I know I'm not missing too much at all.

Anyway, Elfman is what we will get. And rightly so. We don't need those petitions anymore.

I guess I see this release as an opportunity of releasing an official complete B&R score.

At least the bootleg for Batman & Robin wasn't taken from the DVD, as Elfman's scores were.

I'm just hoping we don't have to wait TOO long for a complete Returns, which is supposedly in the works.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I don't like the film to much. But I will definitely get the complete score of BR too.

Quote from: gordonblu on Sat, 24 Jul  2010, 18:34
I'm just hoping we don't have to wait TOO long for a complete Returns, which is supposedly in the works.
I'm just going on what ral said, but by the end of the year it should be out. I'm thinking like you, though. Should isn't good enough for me.

If it's not in writing or confirmed, I'm sceptical. I'm not the trusting type and can see the wait time expanding and the words of potential becoming just that.

How do you order from La-La Land Records?

Do you click order, next pulls up a page to checkout, then it pulls up another page to give out your address infomation?