Moon Night
0 (0%)
Spider-Man
1 (7.7%)
Other
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Sat, 12 Jun 2010, 18:24 Last Edit: Sat, 12 Jun 2010, 22:34 by phantom stranger
I remember back in the 90's when there was the DC Vs. Marvel mini-series. It was partly supposed to address those questions fans had been asking for decades (e.g., Hulk vs. Superman, Aquaman vs. Sub-Mariner, etc.).

Some of the battles were clearly easy to set up, others not so much. For example, Spider-Man vs. Superboy wasn't exactly something anyone was dying to see. Particularly since Superboy's popularity was nothing compared to Spider-Man.

Batman ended up fighting Captain America. It was a reasonable match-up: Both are examples of humans operating at peak performance. Bruce Wayne spent years studying martial arts and other combat techniques. Steve Rogers...took a special serum.

Ok, so maybe it wasn't the ideal match.

So it got me thinking:

Batman...vs. Daredevil: DD is a pretty popular character so it would certainly be a fight people would be interested in. They're both dark characters, prone to swinging from the roof-tops. And, yes, they both have pointy ears.

...vs. Iron Man: Billionaire Playboy Industrialist uses his tremendous resources to fight crime.  'nuff said.

...vs. Spider-Man: Along with Batman and Superman, he's one of the big three, in terms of global recognition. He's a superhero that identifies with a creature and swings throughout the city. He does have super strength, but not so much that it would be an uneven fight.

...vs. Moon Knight: Who?

In all seriousness, this character is often seen as Marvel's Batman. I don't know much about him though.  The wikipedia has a section on the likeness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Knight

In the Amalgam spin-offs, a character by the name of Dark Claw was created as a combination of Batman and Wolverine. However, I never saw Wolverine as a counterpart to Batman.

Really tough one here. If I had to say, it would be a cross between Tony Stark and Spidey. Literally, Tony and Bruce, Spider-man and Batman. I doubt either summation needs much explaining, the collective IQ round these parts is pretty damned high, thankfully, unlike some other places out there.

never seen iron man but that seems like the perfect match to me.

what i'd like to see is catwoman kick the sh*t out of that black cat or whatever the hell her name is. damn copy...um...cat. lol.

In the mini-series, Catwoman actually fought Elektra. I think Elektra won.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 12 Jun  2010, 22:46
never seen iron man but that seems like the perfect match to me.

what i'd like to see is catwoman kick the sh*t out of that black cat or whatever the hell her name is. damn copy...um...cat. lol.

;D

Yeah, that would make a great cross-over, and I agree that Selina Kyle would kick Felicia Hardy's spoiled ass.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sun, 13 Jun 2010, 00:30 #5 Last Edit: Sun, 13 Jun 2010, 00:34 by phantom stranger

I'd say a cross between Tony Stark and Frank Castle.

I voted other, because there is no direct correlation.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 13 Jun  2010, 01:27
I'd say a cross between Tony Stark and Frank Castle.

I would probably lean more towards The Punisher.

^Agreed.

Stark has the playboy antics and constructs/ upgrades his own equipment.

Castle is the grim, highly trained vigilante seeking vengeance.

He's just more willing to kill in comparison to Batman.