Dick Tracy's 20th Anniversary

Started by Kamdan, Mon, 3 May 2010, 05:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Long overdue, but yeah Happy Anniversary to a cool comic book film.  ;D

I have a deep appreciation for the film, and I'm surprised I had no idea about the backstory of the rewrites, the 'itchy' scandal, and the possible nod to Trueheart Sr.--this thread has been a treasure trove for me, so thank you.

Also a very big fan of the film, saw it thrice in the theater in 1990, at the tender age of 13.  :)  Loved it, made only favorable comparisons to Batman (ie--I can't wait to have this video tape next to my Batman video tape on the shelf).

May give it another spin tonight.  :)

Thanks all!  Happy anniversary Dick Tracy!

You're very welcome. I'm going to see if I can arrange a fan commentary for the film, just in time for the character's 80th anniversary.

For being "80" Tracy still looks great. I wholeheartedly recommend the book "Dick Tracy: The Life and Times of America's #1 Crimestopper" by Jay Maeder. It is a MUST for all "Plainclothes"Tracy fans!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Fri, 29 Oct 2010, 21:56 #25 Last Edit: Sun, 31 Oct 2010, 00:52 by Darrell Kaiser
That is a great book. They did a good job getting all of the storylines in one book. It's been a big help for the Dick Tracy series treatment I am putting together.

It is a great book to use for research. I'd be lost without it!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

One in a million. I certainly hope something Tracy related will be made in the next 10 years.

i want to see the new "Dick Tracy" special that was reportedly completed by warren before the lawsuit

The only details I've heard about it is that it features Warren Beatty and Leonard Maltin talking about Dick Tracy and it was going to be on TCM during one of their Dick Tracy marathons they have every so often.