Interesting Perspective On The Film

Started by Kamdan, Thu, 29 Apr 2010, 07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

I enjoyed reading that. Thanks, Darrell.

Seriously, this is why you don't take 7 year-old to a PG-13 movie.
I was 22 at the time and I found nothing traumatizing about it.

Quote from: GBglide on Thu, 29 Apr  2010, 07:48
I was 22 at the time and I found nothing traumatizing about it.
Indeed. I remember when I first got the internet, many years ago, and logged on to read reviews and comments about the film. Having seen the film countless times as a child and knowing it was good, I was expecting unanimous praise. Instead, I was greeted with negativity. How it was apparently Batman in name only. How it was too weird and sick.

I was genuinely gob smacked. I thought, we've currently got two Schumacher embarrassments, and we're down on what is obviously one of the best entries in series. And then I read a certain somebody held Returns and Batman and Robin in equal regard. Now, that is traumatizing.

Along with B89, I see it as one of the purest representations of Batman ever. Personally, it's the purest. I know what people point out as bizarre, but as a child, it didn?t bother me at all. It was normal to me, and it still is.

I wasn't traumatised. I was more indifferent. I was 12 and was indifferent about everything but fight scenes, and this movie didn't have enough for me at the time. I've matured(slightly) since then and the film has definitely grown on me since.

I still love fight scenes though.

p.s. I also think that Batman's fight in the street with the circus is the best Burton lensed Batman fight scene ever.

Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Thu, 29 Apr  2010, 20:08
I was 12 and was indifferent about everything but fight scenes, and this movie didn't have enough for me at the time.
Indeed. I'm big on dialogue scenes now. Themes and insights into character. And Returns has lots of that. But as a tyke? Gimme action!

I saw Returns when I was 3 years old and the only thing that scared me was that the film started off on the wrong reel. It began with the second reel, which had the devil dressed member of the Red Triangle Gang blowing fire into the camera.

lol my mom was like his grandmother.

it didn't traumatize me but it damn sure affected me.  no movie has had such an everlasting impact on me.

I had nightmares about the skull-head motorcycle guys when I was really little.  And I'd only seen the previews!  Never saw the movie until I was fourteen.

That was...um...interesting about Penguin's umbrellas.  Very.  I uh, well, hmmm.  Glad someone else noticed, I'd thought maybe I was just seeing something I wanted to see...or...y'know.  Ahem.  *blush*
The hopeful future Mrs. Cobblepot?

Quote from: Pigeon on Thu, 13 May  2010, 10:19
I had nightmares about the skull-head motorcycle guys when I was really little.  And I'd only seen the previews!  Never saw the movie until I was fourteen.

That was...um...interesting about Penguin's umbrellas.  Very.  I uh, well, hmmm.  Glad someone else noticed, I'd thought maybe I was just seeing something I wanted to see...or...y'know.  Ahem.  *blush*

:-X