20th anniversary? Easy.

Started by Pigeon, Sat, 10 Apr 2010, 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Pigeon on Wed, 14 Apr  2010, 05:00
Yes!  Matter of fact, every take.  Every interview, every behind-the-scenes photo, reprintings of the Batman Returns Official Movie Book and Batman Returns Movie Storybook, (my copies are getting a little dog-eared), the novelization in hardcover, and the entire thing on IMAX.

I have the novelization in hard cover.  I bought it at a used book store.  Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the hard cover versions only released in the U.K./Europe?

I wouldn't mind it if the Batman Returns Official Movie Book were re-leased in a hard cover version.  That would be neato.

Two things:

First, the scene where the organ grinder blows up the ATM.

Secondly, at the "throwing tomatoes" rally, there was a single shot of a woman flashing Oswald her cleavage. Very tame, but funny.

It was edited out, presumably for the censors, but they left in the reaction shot where he goes goggle-eyed, which of course looks a little weird without context.

They're both in the novelization IIRC, and there are even photos on the collector cards.

It just peeves me that both were cut, ostensibly to make the movie a little 'safer'. I want to see them!

Alas, we can but dream...

Drax, if you have some scans of those cards we could get them up on the site, if they're not up already. I'd like to see them.

If there is some love to see it.
[/quote]

Quote from: bat28 on Sun, 25 Apr  2010, 05:50
If there is some love to see it.
[/quote]

Dude, I've got some love to see anything related to this movie.

I don't have the novelization, I've seen it on eBay with no picture for $1, wasn't sure if it was a scam or something.  Is it legit?
The hopeful future Mrs. Cobblepot?

Pigeon, you're still here! We were worried you'd left.  :)

Will dig out the cards and scan them when I get a chance. In the meantime, here are those scenes as recounted in the novelization by Craig Shaw Gardner.

Immediately after "Burn baby, burn!":

The organ grinder played a merry tune as his monkey danced, then pressed the plunger. Boom went the Insta-Teller Machine! The monkey danced forward to snatch the cash.

'All this dough!' the Organ Grinder exclaimed. 'It's burning a hole in my pocket!'

The second is a little more equivocal. At the rally:

More important, a lot of them were women, screaming for him. No, they were'nt just women, they were babes; cheap,maybe, tawdry, most certainly. But they were his babes. Screaming Cobblepot Groupies.

Quote from: drax1 on Thu, 29 Apr  2010, 13:13

More important, a lot of them were women, screaming for him. No, they were'nt just women, they were babes; cheap,maybe, tawdry, most certainly. But they were his babes. Screaming Cobblepot Groupies.

Somebody put that on a poster. Or a t-shirt.

[/quote]

Dude, I've got some love to see anything related to this movie.

I don't have the novelization, I've seen it on eBay with no picture for $1, wasn't sure if it was a scam or something.  Is it legit?
[/quote]

yeah that's odd that none of the 6 ebay auctions show a pic - def legit