Locations?

Started by Batman, Tue, 6 Apr 2010, 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, two things:

1) Has it ever been established where Joker's "hideout" is located? It doesn't look like Carl Grissom's area. It looks like an area in the Axis Chemical Factory. Interesting set design that seems to pay a little homage to the 1966 series.

2) In the Making Of book from 1989, it is stated that the Batcave is located close to the foundations of Gotham City. In the concept design of the Batcave it can be seen in the form of walls/ pillars and sewer pipes. However, in the movie Wayne Manor/ the Batcave is located far out of the city limits, yet the elements from the concept drawing are still present. Any official word if, in the movie, the Batcave's wall structures are meant to be the foundation of Gotham City?
I never thought about this until I read it in the Making Of/ Souvenir book.

I always assumed that the Joker's hideout was in the factory.

From a design point of view the cave was designed around the idea that it was formed around the foundations of Gotham City. That doesn't necessarily mean it was under Gotham in the movie though...but then again maybe Waynor Manor was in the city and he took Vicki on a long drive to confuse her  :D

I like the idea of Batman working around the foundations of Gotham...

Quote from: ral on Tue,  6 Apr  2010, 19:45
I thought he was just visiting the place and checking up on progress - and his hideout was the place where he was seen shooting the television, clipping photos and so on.

I would have assumed that The Joker's base of operations was within Grissom's old place.  After all, I assume that's where he held his meeting with Grissom's former gangland associates.  Like The Dark Knight, I figured that The Joker was simply popping in at the factory to check the progress of his plan.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

The Joker has many hideouts.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  6 Apr  2010, 23:26
Quote from: ral on Tue,  6 Apr  2010, 19:45
I thought he was just visiting the place and checking up on progress - and his hideout was the place where he was seen shooting the television, clipping photos and so on.

me too. either way its a depressing place. you'd have to be evil to even stay there for an hour or two or you'd commit suicide.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri,  9 Apr  2010, 14:16
either way its a depressing place. you'd have to be evil to even stay there for an hour or two or you'd commit suicide.
I'd be able to stay there just fine.

thanks for proving my point. :-P