Obtained a Deleted Scene

Started by phantom stranger, Fri, 2 Apr 2010, 02:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 2 Apr 2010, 02:23 Last Edit: Fri, 2 Apr 2010, 02:40 by phantom stranger
So last month I was in California for a wedding near Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Angelina Jolie, lol. However, at the wedding I met a guy who does distribution for WB.

As you can imagine, he got an earful about what a big Batman fan I am and how I collect anything related to the Burton movies. He laughed and that was that. He added me on facebook but we never talked since then.

Anyways, the other week he sent me a message through facebook telling me he has something I might find interesting. Apparently, he has a workprint of '89 with some unreleased scenes! For various reasons, he won't send me a copy of the whole thing but he graciously hooked me up with some of the footage.  I actually recognized a bit of it from the DVD but the rest is new! Anyways, I watched it a million times and finally got around to uploading it to youtube. As for the other scenes? I'm working on it...

Phantom, there were a couple of nice outtakes of Gordon and Dent, but I'm afraid that the bulk of that clip had nothing to do with Batman or Grissom and was in fact taken from the same year's Tango and Cash which also featured Jack Palance.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Fri, 2 Apr 2010, 02:49 #2 Last Edit: Fri, 2 Apr 2010, 02:51 by Darrell Kaiser
And I thought my April Fool's Day jokes were bad...  ;)
I love the idea there. Hope you can do some more.

It took me a few hours to put that together and you guys debunked it in minutes.

Oh well, there's always next year...  ;D

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Fri,  2 Apr  2010, 02:49
And I thought my April Fool's Day jokes were bad...  ;)
I love the idea there. Hope you can do some more.

It's no longer April Fool's in the UK so forgive my gullibility.  Having stated that, there were a few seconds of unreleased outtakes in that clip, so I'm not entirely sure that it was a joke.

Nice try.

You know that day that I once told you about, when BMO would no longer need phantom stranger?

It's coming.

QuoteHaving stated that, there were a few seconds of unreleased outtakes in that clip, so I'm not entirely sure that it was a joke.
You mean the stuff with Gordon and Dent? That was on the special edition.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Fri,  2 Apr  2010, 03:01

Really?  I must have missed that stuff.  Presumably you mean the making-of doc.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  2 Apr  2010, 03:28
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Fri,  2 Apr  2010, 03:01

Really?  I must have missed that stuff.  Presumably you mean the making-of doc.

yeah it was in one of the docs

Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri,  2 Apr  2010, 02:23Anyways, the other week he sent me a message through facebook telling me he has something I might find interesting. Apparently, he has a workprint of '89 with some unreleased scenes! For various reasons, he won't send me a copy of the whole thing but he graciously hooked me up with some of the footage.  I actually recognized a bit of it from the DVD but the rest is new! Anyways, I watched it a million times and finally got around to uploading it to youtube. As for the other scenes? I'm working on it...
I only found this thread after April Fool's Day but (and no offense) I found it a little hard to believe.  I was about to get on here and tell you that you'd been suckered.  The Tango & Cash/"Grissom" meeting didn't match the look and tone of B89.  But hey, all in good fun.