Watched Batman Forever last night

Started by Grissom, Sat, 27 Mar 2010, 13:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 9 Apr 2010, 20:16 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Apr 2010, 20:18 by James
Been a while since I watched it, but I'm pretty sure the U2 song plays during the end credits, so that one actually does appear in the film.

Quote from: James on Fri,  9 Apr  2010, 20:16
I'm pretty sure the U2 song plays during the end credits, so that one actually does appear in the film.
Not during the runtime of the film. End credits don't count in my book. Face to Face appears at Max's ball. A couple of the Prince songs appear in B89. Kiss From A Rose isn't weaved into the score by Goldenthal, nor is the U2 song. They're just external attachments. But they're good.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 10 Apr  2010, 01:12
Not during the runtime of the film. End credits don't count in my book. Face to Face appears at Max's ball. A couple of the Prince songs appear in B89. Kiss From A Rose isn't weaved into the score by Goldenthal, nor is the U2 song. They're just external attachments. But they're good.

As far as the film goes, U2's song got more play than Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" because as the film concludes, everyone would hear U2's song playing as they made their way out. Which I would consider apart of the overall viewing experience.

Kinda like David Bowie's "Something in the Air" for example. Every single time I hear that song, American Psycho and Memento come to mind. Because they are played directly after the film concludes and the end credits begin.

As for Seal's song, you had to sit there and watch the end credits to get to that. However, Seal's "Kiss from a Rose", rather than U2's "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, Kill me" was the song that was played over and over again on radio stations that summer (atleast from what I remember) so it pretty much worked out in the end.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."