DC Direct Batman Statue

Started by Kamdan, Wed, 17 Feb 2010, 05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Wed, 17 Feb 2010, 11:33 #1 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Feb 2010, 11:35 by ral
Awesome Darrell!
Coming October 2010

Brilliant stuff Darrell.  All three statues repesent the best interpretations of each character on film and tv so far, and the likeness is superb.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

QuoteMICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE
SCULPTED BY Joseph Menna

In honor of DC Comics? 75th anniversary, Michael Keaton?s quintessential portrayal of Batman is presented in statue form.

From Warner Bros.? ground-breaking, blockbuster 1989 movie BATMAN, Michael Keaton as Batman is poised for action as he stands atop a logo base.

The MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 13.5? high x 11? wide x 7.25? deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.

Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.

Advance-solicited; on sale October 13, 2010 * Statue * $195 US

Wish they would come out with some (presumably cheaper) action figures for those of us with thinner wallets.

Yep that's Keaton's Batman.

Quote from: Grissom on Wed, 17 Feb  2010, 16:24
Yep that's Keaton's Batman.

;D The lips confirm it.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed, 17 Feb  2010, 14:52
QuoteMICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE
SCULPTED BY Joseph Menna

In honor of DC Comics? 75th anniversary, Michael Keaton?s quintessential portrayal of Batman is presented in statue form.

From Warner Bros.? ground-breaking, blockbuster 1989 movie BATMAN, Michael Keaton as Batman is poised for action as he stands atop a logo base.

The MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 13.5? high x 11? wide x 7.25? deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.

Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.

Advance-solicited; on sale October 13, 2010 * Statue * $195 US

Wish they would come out with some (presumably cheaper) action figures for those of us with thinner wallets.

Tell me about it!  It looks nice but $195, that  is a bit too much for me these days.  If I am going to spend that much, I am going to head on over to Ebay and pick up a bunch things that I want/need still.

Wonder if they'll release all three in an exclusive three pack?  Now that might be worth considering.

Sat, 20 Feb 2010, 03:31 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Feb 2010, 03:37 by WingedFreak71
looks more like a muhammad ali pose - should have had the stiffer straighter battle ready positioning with the arms - he looks like he's boxing

of course i still want this - can they really not just put them out by spring? - wtf with october? - just pour the plaster in the mold, paint them up and sell them to me!!

also does anyone know where to preorder? - the dc direct site only has pics - not ordering info

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat, 20 Feb  2010, 03:31
looks more like a muhammad ali pose - should have had the stiffer straighter battle ready positioning with the arms - he looks like he's boxing

very true - one thing Dave Lea mentioned was that he was constantly told to straighten up - going against everything he knew as a fighter