Why Bruce in B89 became Batman so old?

Started by MOODY, Sun, 14 Feb 2010, 15:56

Previous topic - Next topic
???
You wanna get nuts? Come on! Let's get nuts!

Old? he was only in his 30's! It is assumed he was training and building his arsenal during his younger years.

glad you could understand what he was saying.

Quote from: ral on Sun, 14 Feb  2010, 22:19
Old? he was only in his 30's! It is assumed he was training and building his arsenal during his younger years.
Indeed. Even so, Bruce becoming Batman at an older age makes more sense I think. Given the time needed to perfect your skills to the required level.

He didn't look old to me. He looked like He was more care worn due to his obsession.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Firstly, we don't know how old Bruce is in Batman '89  I can imagine that Keaton was playing a good few years younger than he was at the time.

Also, like Ral has suggested, Bruce had probably been spending his preceding years training various martial arts throughout the world - the various artefacts that Vicki and Know observe as they wander throughout Bruce's mansion indicates that he may have spent many years abroad building up his arsenal.

Lastly, we don't know how long Bruce has been Batman for.  For all we know, it could be years.  Batman works in the shadows and it's in his interest to draw as little attention from the press or police as possible.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I believe Bruce was in his early days as Batman. Not saying he was inexperienced or anything. Far from it. He had reached a peak he was satisfied with and was ready to begin.

By Batman (1989), he probably made a few scattered official appearances here and there, enough to gain a reputation ? ala the opening rooftop discussion sequence.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 15 Feb  2010, 13:41
I believe Bruce was in his early days as Batman. Not saying he was inexperienced or anything. Far from it. He had reached a peak he was satisfied with and was ready to begin.

By Batman (1989), he probably made a few scattered official appearances here and there, enough to gain a reputation ? ala the opening rooftop discussion sequence.

Agreed on both counts.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."