Nolan to mentor Superman reboot

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 9 Feb 2010, 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 16 Mar  2010, 23:21
Those same critics also loved Singerman.  Movie critics in general are a bunch of pompous, self-absorbed, elitist jackasses.  Each is more full of **** than the last.  Precisely why should I give two ****s at midnight what they think?

'Yeah, damn those pansy-waist, pinko critics with their books, education and respect for civil rights...'  ::)

More often than not, the audiences do get it right.  However, if we use the critics as a barometer of what the best films of all time are, we have Citizen Kane and Casablanca.  If we use the great British/American public as a barometer, we end up with Rambo 2 and Pretty Woman...I don't mean to sound elitist (though no doubt I'll be accused of that), but I know which group I'm trusting there.

Another thing, what's with this 'Singerman' tag?  Can you explain please?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Mar  2010, 12:46
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 16 Mar  2010, 23:21
Those same critics also loved Singerman.  Movie critics in general are a bunch of pompous, self-absorbed, elitist jackasses.  Each is more full of **** than the last.  Precisely why should I give two ****s at midnight what they think?

'Yeah, damn those pansy-waist, pinko critics with their books, education and respect for civil rights...'  ::)

More often than not, the audiences do get it right.  However, if we use the critics as a barometer of what the best films of all time are, we have Citizen Kane and Casablanca.  If we use the great British/American public as a barometer, we end up with Rambo 2 and Pretty Woman...I don't mean to sound elitist (though no doubt I'll be accused of that), but I know which group I'm trusting there.

Another thing, what's with this 'Singerman' tag?  Can you explain please?

i'll take rambo 2 and pretty woman over the other two any day.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 17 Mar  2010, 13:33

Thought you might... ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Mar  2010, 12:46'Yeah, damn those pansy-waist, pinko critics with their books, education and respect for civil rights...'  ::)
???

QuoteMore often than not, the audiences do get it right.  However, if we use the critics as a barometer of what the best films of all time are, we have Citizen Kane and Casablanca.  If we use the great British/American public as a barometer, we end up with Rambo 2 and Pretty Woman...I don't mean to sound elitist (though no doubt I'll be accused of that), but I know which group I'm trusting there.
I think all that does is highlight the differences between what audiences are interested in and what critics enjoy.

QuoteAnother thing, what's with this 'Singerman' tag?  Can you explain please?
Well, it's not like he made a movie about Superman...

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Mar  2010, 13:48
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 17 Mar  2010, 13:33

Thought you might... ::)

yea. means i like fun movies. there are more audience people than there are asshole critics so the movies should be made to please us. not the asshole critics.

Zod? Again?! We don't need a villain that was previously done.

He'll be different to the SMII version, but please, can we get something new from these damn movies? I was expecting this film to go as far away from the past as possible. Hopefully there are others villains in the mix, and Zod isn't the main and one and only.

Tue, 5 Oct 2010, 06:28 #117 Last Edit: Tue, 5 Oct 2010, 06:29 by Darrell Kaiser
I believe Zod rumor is just what it is - a rumor. Hopefully, they'll get Brainiac involved, which could lead to Superman learning about his alien heritage. That could be a new and fascinating way of retelling the origin, without going the route of the previous adaptations which tell it all, step by step.

Personally I think Snyder is the wrong man for the job. IMO 300 was a stupid, overly glorified video game, while Watchmen was infinitely dumbed down from the source.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

To be honest, I'm not sure what to think about Snyder.

The film is bound to look good, akin to Burton eye candy. But apart from that? I don't know.

I'd like to know thecolorsblend's take on this.