Nolan to mentor Superman reboot

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 9 Feb 2010, 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Grissom on Mon,  1 Mar  2010, 17:46
What do you guys think of Jonathan Nolan signing on (if I'm correct) to dreict the next Superman film? To be honest I'm not sure about it, even though Chris Nolan is mentoring. Has he directed before, because you always need a solid director when it comes to properties like Superman, Batman etc.

What do you guys thinks?

It's Hollywood. Who the hell knows to what extent WB is willing to go to get Chris Nolan on board this thing? Signing Jonanthan Nolan as director to such a big WB franchise like Superman seems a bit off, and extremely risky (especially after the Singer fiasco).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

And something else, why in the crap would being Chris Nolan's brother get Jon anything in this?  I've always seen a lot of similarities between Hollywood and high school but this is crazy...

Sam Raimi gives his younger brother Ted cameos in his films.

Ron Howard gives his younger brother Clint cameos in his films.  

Christopher Nolan gives his younger brother Jonathan a 200 million dollar film designed to reboot a franchise of one of the world's most recognizable characters and kickstart a renaissance of D.C. Universe films.

Yep, that sounds about right.

How about they make it a proper family reunion and bring in Matthew Nolan. You know, Chris Nolan's brother who was arrested for first degree murder and kidnapping.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  2 Mar  2010, 02:46
How about they make it a proper family reunion and bring in Matthew Nolan. You know, Chris Nolan's brother who was arrested for first degree murder and kidnapping.

he could play a villian

Quote from: ral on Tue,  2 Mar  2010, 12:10
he could play a villian

Bravo!

It's Hollywood. Where nepotism (to which I can go on and on about) is anything but frowned upon.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That's an excellent read, thanks phantom. I look forward to the next bat-film and superman film as well. Although I prefer Burton's versions, Nolan is a solid filmmaker who will give us great entertaining films in the future.

I am officially panicked about the next Superman movie.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 11 Mar  2010, 06:22
I am officially panicked about the next Superman movie.
Poor soul.

I read a quote from Nolan, and he said he will be doing things his way basically. The way he knows.