Danny Elfman's music for Batman

Started by nicoacc, Sun, 9 Mar 2008, 03:48

Previous topic - Next topic
In my opinion the music created by Danny Elfman in Batman and Batman returns was one of the keys for the great success of those movies, its beauty can only be compared to Jack Nicholson's JOKER performance and Michael Keaton's BATMAN performance...Guys, what do you think ? ...is there a chance that the movie could have been "that successful" with a diferent music ? I apreciate your thoughts...
I made you...but you made me first !

It is hard to seperate any movie and it's score since both are reactions to each other.

Probably more amazing is that Batman 89 was Elfman's third movie score and a real departure from his Oingo Boingo influenced Pee-Wee and Beetlejuice scores. 

It is a real pity to me though that his theme hasn't become as iconic as William's Superman theme, but then that is a tall order!

Burtons score to Batman is what Williams score is to Superman. It helped define the character. I think more people identify Elmans score with Batman more so than the others, they even used pieces of it in the 2 subsequent sequels post Elfman. If WB wasnt so anal in trying to seperate things from one director to another they should have realized the impact Elfmans theme had and kept it thru the franchise.

Elfman's two soundtracs will forever be the definitive Batman sound to me. Up the Cathedral, Descent into Mystery are two examples that get right into the head of the character.

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Sun,  9 Mar  2008, 14:44
Burtons score to Batman is what Williams score is to Superman. It helped define the character.

I agree 100%.
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Elfman's Batman music is the Best batman music ever!!!!