The Amazing Spider-man

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 12 Jan 2010, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Uncle Bingo on Mon, 24 Jan  2011, 21:29

So um yeah, his eyes are red? Also I don't like the silver shoe things.

Heres a video of Spider-man running down the street and jumping into a truck.
http://www.youtube.com/v/m9hpP7d2-wo
lmao
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Hi-res photo of the costume: http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/657/original/AmSpideyBig.jpg?1297714401

The eyes are orange, weird but I like it. His head looks like a basketball when you look at it up close.

Sat, 19 Feb 2011, 02:41 #132 Last Edit: Sat, 19 Feb 2011, 02:46 by The Dark Knight
^ I have to say that still is downright awesome. Spider-Man through and through.

I expected "The Amazing Spider-Man", so that wasn't a shock. It was the right choice, and hopefully this marks the beginning of seperate standalone titles. As much as I love the Raimi films, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3 type titles were predictable and safe. This one is a bit as well, but at least it's a title without a number after it. From now on, I'd like something that is undeniably Spider-Man, but can stand on its own two feet - Tangled Web for example, would be nice. Where you genuinely don't know what it's going to be called.

I dig "The Amazing Spider-Man" being the title.

Back in 2002 when Raimi's "Spider-Man" became such a success, I remember reading that "The Amazing Spider-Man" was considered for the title of the sequel before settling on just "Spider-Man 2", but I'm glad it's finally being optioned.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm fairly non-plussed about them having to re-enact the origin yet again >:(.
Reboot, but move forward not back!

I dig the new costume though, except maybe the blue should be a little darker. I'll definitely see it, but I'm not as hyped for this one as I was for Raimi's.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

It seems more serious in comparison to Raimi.

Hopefully not too much, because everything doesn't have to be TDK.

I really like the trailer and the synopsis Dark Knight posted a while back, which I also liked, seems to corallate with what we see in this trailer.  My only issue is Andrew Garfield.  He's a great actor, but he might be a little too intense for the role.  We've already had a rather too intense Spider-Man with Tobey Maguire's portrayal.  The film-makers seem to be forgetting that despite all the presure heaped upon him, Spider-Man is a consummate wise-cracker, almost uniquely amongst most comic-book heroes.  I can't help thinking that like Tim Burton with Alec Baldwin, who he worked with on Beetlejuice and who would have made a near-perfect Batman, the best actor for this iconic part was the star of the director's previous movie.  In this case Marc Webb should have cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt, his leading man in (500) Days of Summer, an actor who can do geeky, serious and funny IMHO.

Still, I have high hopes for this reboot, as much as I liked the Raimi Spider-Man films, give or take Spider-Man 3, which was flawed but still worthwhile.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 21 Jul  2011, 02:30
My only issue is Andrew Garfield.  He's a great actor, but he might be a little too intense for the role.
Oh, I agree. Personally, Tobey was a balanced Peter Parker. Hell, he WAS and IS Peter Parker. And Raimi nailed the feel Spider-Man should have. This trailer won't help all the Twilight comparisons people have been making the last few months. The fanboys slammed "emo"Peter Paker, but that's what we're going to get here, and more so, by all accounts. I posted early on, when the reboot was announced, that people wouldn't know what they had until it was gone. And I stand by that. I'm flogging a dead horse, but an older seasoned Spidey in a true fourth film, minus an origin retread, would've been much better. Anyway, it's only a teaser. We'll see what else they have to show...

Fri, 22 Jul 2011, 02:33 #139 Last Edit: Fri, 22 Jul 2011, 04:06 by THE BAT-MAN
Here is the trailer to the upcoming Spider-Man film.