The Amazing Spider-man

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 12 Jan 2010, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
When the first Raimi movie was coming out there were photos of Peter making his web-shooters and concept art of them.

When they were dropped in favour of organic shooters I was a little disappointed but got over it.

During SM2, in the scene where he starts to lose his powers by first not producing web I thought "Great...now he will make web-shooters to compensate" - I was disappointed again.

Webshooters have added some great tension in the comics - he runs out of fluid, the fluid freezes up etc.

Well maybe to stick to the orignally comic book remember Peter had to make them when
Spider-man 1st came out probably Stan wanted show Peter smarts in inventing.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Original Green Goblin design for Raimi's 2002 Spider-Man movie via Alex Ross website.

[/IMG]

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 15 Jan  2011, 23:18
Original Green Goblin design for Raimi's 2002 Spider-Man movie via Alex Ross website.

[/IMG]
They should've went with it thats scary.

Sat, 15 Jan 2011, 23:52 #114 Last Edit: Sun, 16 Jan 2011, 17:29 by Paul (ral)
I heard that limitations on CGI at the time dictated the suit be like it was.

They said they couldn't animate cloth and detail very well.

Sun, 16 Jan 2011, 04:45 #115 Last Edit: Sun, 16 Jan 2011, 05:14 by The Dark Knight
I like that design quite a lot. If the Goblin is to feature again, that's the kind of thing I'd like to see.

Looks creepy in a medieval way. Like mythology.

Edit:

I?ve still got irritation about the decision, and that emerges from time to time. But I?m more willing to get behind this reboot now. If I have the mindset of ?I prefer the Raimi films, but these will be alright too?, I find it easier to take. Mainly because I do like Spider-Man a lot.

I don?t like bad mouthing the character or his world, because they?re both tops, and on equal footing with Batman for me. But I do badmouth studio decisions, but that sometimes crosses over onto the character as well. So I think I?ll put a stop to that. It is what it is. It?s hate that?s going around in circles, and it compromises my fandom. It?s not like we?re going to be getting realism here. It?s going to be a valid interpretation in line with the comic spirit.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 09:38
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 09:32
So yeah, I hope thing bombs.
Well I like Spider-Man, and bearing in mind that we probably won't get another Raimi Spider-Man film, this is it.

Even if it bombs, they'll make another one. And if that one bombs, they'll make another one.

There is no way Sony is letting a valuable property like Spider-Man revert to Disney/Marvel which is what would happen if they stopped making Spider-Man movies. They'll make a low-budget arthouse Spider-Man film if they have to but they will certainly keep making these films.

I prefer the final costume that Goblin ended up wearing in the film.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 18 Jan  2011, 16:06
I prefer the final costume that Goblin ended up wearing in the film.
It was alright mainly because of the eyes.

J Jonah Jameson won't be in the next Spider-Man film.   :( DISAPPOINTED!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.