The Amazing Spider-man

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 12 Jan 2010, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 14 Jan 2011, 09:32 #100 Last Edit: Fri, 14 Jan 2011, 09:48 by The Dark Knight
Well, it does nothing for me. And they said Maguire looked emo. This guy looks like a sooky vampire at Halloween who didn?t get any treats. The people hammering on about the Raimi suit looking too professional can?t pipe up. This one definitely doesn?t look home made either.

If it was from Spider-Man the musical I would be more forgiving. But this chest emblem looks like a dragon fly and it goes all the way down to his crotch. In an attempt to stylize it they?ve made it look like an anime type thing.

So yeah, I hope this bombs.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 09:32
So yeah, I hope thing bombs.
Well I like Spider-Man, and bearing in mind that we probably won't get another Raimi Spider-Man film, this is it.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 09:38
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 09:32
So yeah, I hope thing bombs.
Well I like Spider-Man, and bearing in mind that we probably won't get another Raimi Spider-Man film, this is it.
I like Spider-Man a great deal as well. But Sony made their bed, and I hope this blows up in their face.

It won't at the box office, but reviews aren't always kind.

They made a mistake trying to have it compete with the batman movie so I'm watching it after it comes out.

Yeah the changes in the spider-man film is madding but I saw this coming.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

I think it's great. I am a big fan of Garfield after seeing him in Dr Parnassis (sp) and Social Network - I think he looks the part in the photo.

You can also see webshooters in the photo (if you look hard) so my guess is that this Parker will put his above IQ into action (unlike in the Raimi movies - which i love - where his intellect was meerly hinted at).

He will be able to develop web-shooters, webbing and a cool suit.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 17:14
I think it's great. I am a big fan of Garfield after seeing him in Dr Parnassis (sp) and Social Network - I think he looks the part in the photo.

You can also see webshooters in the photo (if you look hard) so my guess is that this Parker will put his above IQ into action (unlike in the Raimi movies - which i love - where his intellect was meerly hinted at).

Thats great if they do have him use his brain more thats why I prefer spider-man and batman of superman because they were always thinking with their brain instead fists but like I said Batman comes 1st

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 17:14

I personally preferred the organic web-shooters.  If Parker was that smart why hadn't he invented something already?  Plus, if it was that easy to create synthetic webshooters you'd think some top scientist for the government would have designed it by that point.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Doesn't look that different than the Raimi suits. The only thing really weird about it is the missing "belt."

I need to see it in broad daylight with the mask on to make a proper judgment.

Also, I'm pro Web-Shooters.

Quote from: Uncle Bingo on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 20:35
Doesn't look that different than the Raimi suits. The only thing really weird about it is the missing "belt."

I need to see it in broad daylight with the mask on to make a proper judgment.

Also, I'm pro Web-Shooters.
Yeah im for the oraganic shooters

I do like both for different reasons. But I prefer organic webbing for the reasons johnnygobs listed. A man produces his own, er, fluid, so I don't see why Peter can't produce spider fluid as well.

If he can develop four abilities, he can develop all five. This is a comic book after all. It completes what he is, and makes him truly Spider-Man.

However I am glad they chose mechanical webbing for this reboot. Just for the sheer fact that's it's the opposite of the previous trilogy. It was the logical move. So I'm fine with that.