The Amazing Spider-man

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 12 Jan 2010, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  9 Feb  2010, 00:40
WE DON'T NEED A FRIGGIN REBOOT!!
No, we don't. It is way too soon and the good times were rolling. But sadly, it is happening. I'm just going to sit back and see where this takes us. Doesn't mean I have to like where it does.

Oh dear.

With one film under his belt, I don't believe Garfield will do the role justice.

And the man directing him, who I will now call Odie, only made his debut last year.

Excuse me while I put on the Raimi trilogy in blissful ignorance.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri,  2 Jul  2010, 02:29
Here's Spidey!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/soni-pictures-selects-new-spider-man/

Interesting...He's a great actor and a relatively well-known face for British TV audiences (he featured in two dramas, Red Riding and Boy A) but far from who I imagined would get the role, especially since he's not far from being the wrong side of 30. 

If this is the case then this suggests that we might be in store for a much more mature and sophisticated Spider-Man reboot than initial rumblings indicated.  Andrew Garfield is most definitely not the obvious tweeny-market choice I suspected and for that at least I am thankful. :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  2 Jul  2010, 02:50
Oh dear.

With one film under his belt, I don't believe Garfield will do the role justice.

And the man directing him, who I will now call Odie, only made his debut last year.

Excuse me while I put on the Raimi trilogy in blissful ignorance.

Anyone who doubts this guy's acting chops needs to seek out Red Riding and Boy A in particular.  As much as I absolutely loved Raimi's Spider-Man films, Garfield is by far the more talented actor out of him and Tobey Maguire.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  2 Jul  2010, 02:57As much as I absolutely loved Raimi's Spider-Man films, Garfield is by far the more talented actor out of him and Tobey Maguire.
Come on.

I am done with this reboot.

I remember seeing this guy in The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, but that's about it.

Interesting choice, considering his age.

Oh well.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

On the one hand I want to be unbiased and allow this new franchise to blossom so that I may judge it on merit alone. However, since Rami's Spidey 1 was a life changer as far as my movie experiences go, I remain against this reboot with a fierce loyalty. Yes, its a cruel fan boy trait, I grant you, but I can say that, in this case, without a doubt, logic and reason are behind the argument against rebooting. Once more, I hope I am not alone in being DONE with this movie.

Oh brother!   ::)

Unfortunately, we can huff and puff all we like but it's not going to change the fact that Raimi's Spiderman franchise is over.  Can't we at least hope that we get another great Spiderman franchise, or as the expression goes are we all going to 'cut our nose just to spite our face'?

I for one look forward to the seeing which direction the Batman series takes  whenever Nolan is done with his franchise (presumably after the third film).  I know the circumstances are slightly different, since Nolan has agreed to quit at three films whilst Raimi was apparently forced out of his franchise, but the result as far as fans go amounts to the same deal: we all get a wide range of various filmmakers' takes on our favourite comic-book characters.  I'm sorry, but what's not to like?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  2 Jul  2010, 02:54
Quote from: phantom stranger on Fri,  2 Jul  2010, 02:29
Here's Spidey!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/soni-pictures-selects-new-spider-man/

Interesting...He's a great actor and a relatively well-known face for British TV audiences (he featured in two dramas, Red Riding and Boy A) but far from who I imagined would get the role, especially since he's not far from being the wrong side of 30. 

Yea, I'm also surprised that they went with someone in their late 20's. But I'm actually glad they did that.

I certainly don't want watch a movie with some Justin Bieber-type kid pretending to be a superhero. The only place where actual teenagers play teenagers is on the Disney Channel. And that's perfectly ok with me.