come on knox

Started by WingedFreak71, Tue, 22 Dec 2009, 05:57

Previous topic - Next topic
when knox and vicki stroll through wayne manor, and then bruce introduces himself to them in the arsenal room, knox apparently needs to be told who bruce wayne is (and you are?)

so bruce wayne's the richest guy around town, has a (empty) seat at the city council, but this beat reporter doesn't know what he looks like?

ehh - ohh well i guess he's still better than that dork reporter from returns but he should know what the donald trump of gotham looks like, right?

I like the mysterious aspect of Keaton's Bruce Wayne. I'm sure people know of him (how could they not?), but he is rarely seen. He's mostly at home.

Anyway, somebody should have knocked some sense into Knox.

Yea, the way I see it Bruce is just one of many rich guys in Gotham. It's certainly conceivable that a loner like Bruce Wayne could avoid public recognition.

ya plus bruce seems more like he'd be covered by gossip columnists and knox is a news guy. jmo

Great points Catwoman and Phanton Stranger, and as far as the original post goes, who says that Bruce Wayne is the richest man in Gotham?  Also, surely the fact that Wayne's seat on the council is always empty is itself a clue as to why nobody recognises him outside a very small circle.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

It seems that when knox and vicki are talking about bruce wayne before he comes in, he just thinks of him as a rich guy.  A rich guy without a face.  Because he's just another rich person.  I also think knox is the kind of guy that wouldn't care about the rich people because he thinks their sort of stuck up (hence the previous conversation).

yea and when he talks about his huge mirror and calls him bruce vain.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 23 Dec  2009, 23:59
yea and when he talks about his huge mirror and calls him bruce vain.
I like that scene a lot. The music turns mysterious, almost sadly upbeat. The camera moves back ever so slowly, and the security camera is shown as well as the Batcave. Small scene, but it highlights the obsession, secrecy and double life perfectly.

Well said, Dark Knight, there are alot of subtlities in the film that shows the audience certain things without having it spoken through dialogue.

Agreed. It's a pity that the music for this scene was excluded from the official OST album.