What is it with clowns and big trucks?

Started by phantom stranger, Wed, 9 Dec 2009, 01:03

Previous topic - Next topic

I bet Nolan wishes he used that soundtrack...

With CG effects, stunts, acting and visuals like those... cripes, no wonder that movie didn't get a sequel.

It's easy to forget just how awful Spawn really was...

That's a film I have no intention of seeing, other than possibly to see how bad it is.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  9 Dec  2009, 08:35
With CG effects, stunts, acting and visuals like those... cripes, no wonder that movie didn't get a sequel.

It's easy to forget just how awful Spawn really was...

Haven't seen the movie in ages but I don't recall the visuals being that bad. And the SFX was decent for the time.

I like how the clown is named...Clown.

That was about as creative as Image Comics got back then.

Proud to say I was NEVER into that company's stuff--even though that was hip for a while. Of course they've since diversified but at the time their work left a lot to be desired.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed,  9 Dec  2009, 09:23Haven't seen the movie in ages but I don't recall the visuals being that bad. And the SFX was decent for the time.
Couldn't think of the word at the time but "staging" probably would've been the better word to use.

QuoteProud to say I was NEVER into that company's stuff--even though that was hip for a while. Of course they've since diversified but at the time their work left a lot to be desired.
I haven't kept up with Image.  At the time, I dug on the Spawn and Maxx comics.  In general though, I regard the birth of Image comics as the beginning of the end for the comics industry.

As far as the Superhero comics go, there's DC and there's Marvel.  There's plenty of great independent companies as well, but I'm not too keen on Image.  It seems too derivative and fad based.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Image Comics started off in the decade where art typically trumped story on any given Wednesday. That was the nature of the business back then. But times change, and it's a complete reversal now.

I remember really getting into comics right around the time Image made their debut, and they were a pretty hot company there for awhile. Even to the point where Image was having success in other mediums outside of comics as well. The Maxx got a very cool animated series on MTV, and HBO signed on with Spawn for an animated series that is FAR superior than the live action effort that came in 1997.

Currently, Image's best title is probably The Walking Dead.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 10 Dec  2009, 07:34I remember really getting into comics right around the time Image made their debut, and they were a pretty hot company there for awhile. Even to the point where Image was having success in other mediums outside of comics as well. The Maxx got a very cool animated series on MTV, and HBO signed on with Spawn for an animated series that is FAR superior than the live action effort that came in 1997.

Currently, Image's best title is probably The Walking Dead.
Yep.  Of all the companies, it felt like Image was the least equipped to change, grow and adapt to market demands.  In fact, you could argue that only really Marvel has done that.

Agreed. I don't believe I'm saying this, but Spawn and most of the Image characters are so 90s. Me and friends were bying some of the comics and wanted to see this thing with John Leguizamo, but...  :P.

Still there are some fond memories with this "film", the CGI effects remind me of the movies in PlayStation games (and I refer to the original, the good old gray box, not PS3) and it can actually be entertainingly atrocious.