UK'ers - Michael Keaton on Sky Movies

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 1 Dec 2009, 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone in the UK who has Sky Movies and a Sky+ box can catch Michael Keaton on Alex Zane's Guestlist show talking about his iconic roles and how Edward Scissorhands had a big influence on him (according to the blurb on sky).

You can access it from the Sky Anytime menu.

I will be getting to watch this myself tonight - can't wait.

What a great interview - Alex Zane was really geniunely excited to speak to Mr Keaton, calling him the best Bruce Wayne to date and citing Batman Returns as his fav between Keaton's 2 movies.  Alex kept the whole thing fun and allowed Michael to be a real goof ball for 20 minutes.

I won't transcribe the whole thing here but i will highlight the main things said about Batman.

MK's favourite is Batman 89 and he hasn't yet seen either of Chris Nolan's Bat-flicks (he is saving them so he can sit down and really get into them).

Argggh I want to see this so bad. Someone whack it on youtube!!
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: ral on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 17:31
What a great interview - Alex Zane was really geniunely excited to speak to Mr Keaton, calling him the best Bruce Wayne to date and citing Batman Returns as his fav between Keaton's 2 movies.  Alex kept the whole thing fun and allowed Michael to be a real goof ball for 20 minutes.

I won't transcribe the whole thing here but i will highlight the main things said about Batman.

MK's favourite is Batman 89 and he hasn't yet seen either of Chris Nolan's Bat-flicks (he is saving them so he can sit down and really get into them).

Interesting Ral, good to know me and him have something in common, our favourite Bat-flick lol. Hopefully I can catch this some time.

He spoke about why he liked B89 the most - mainly because it was something that was so different that nobody expected.

Excellent interview. Keaton is a fun guy.

Quote from: ral on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 23:29
He spoke about why he liked B89 the most - mainly because it was something that was so different that nobody expected.

Awesome!  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

much love for Mr.Keaton!  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Keaton also just appeared on BBC Breakfast News.  Nothing big concerning Batman, but he was asked about the costumes and stated that he still has two Batsuits lurking in one of his cupboards, and jokingly suggested that he might be able to pay off somebody's college money off the back of their sale one day...so get saving guys.   ;D

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.