Riddle Me This!

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 1 Dec 2009, 07:08

Previous topic - Next topic
someones copying burton.....

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 01:26
Is it me, or does the following year's Dick Tracy feature an almost identical scene featuring James Caan, who instead of getting fried ends up getting blown up in his own car by Al Pacino?

Been a while since I saw that movie but I recall it had many similar scenes. The guys in that scene are teen heartthrobs compared to Dick Tracy's villains.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 09:18
Been a while since I saw that movie but I recall it had many similar scenes. The guys in that scene are teen heartthrobs compared to Dick Tracy's villains.

;D

I like Dick Tracy a lot, but I couldn't help thinking how similar the two films were in both structure and certain story elements.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 11:51
I like Dick Tracy a lot, but I couldn't help thinking how similar the two films were in both structure and certain story elements.

Haha  ;D

To this day, whenever I see William Forsythe in a movie, I STILL think Flattop. Even if only for a mere moment.

Apparently, that's never going to change.  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Good call, gobbs. It is, of course, more colorful. I wish I could pull up a screencap, but it is pretty much the EXACT same shot.

Here is a riddle for all of you

What is the one thing that links all of these scenes?

will you pm me the answer? i looked at them for five minutes and now my head hurts.

Quote from: the ice princess on Thu, 10 Dec  2009, 03:50
will you pm me the answer? i looked at them for five minutes and now my head hurts.

no, cause that would be cheating  ;)

anyone care to venture a guess?

I've got no idea, ral.

Any chance of a clue? I don't even know where to start thinking regarding this one.

it's not a prop or a cameraman...