Previous topic - Next topic

Which is best?

B89 - Cathedral
BR - Penguin's Lair
BF - Riddler's Lair
B&R - Gotham Observatory
BB - Microwave Emitter sequence
TDK - Prewitt Building & Two-Face hostage situation
For me the Cathedral, with Batman and The Joker battling for the soul of Gotham below on top of the highest pinacle. Just epic, emotional and powerful and a scene that will be remembered and has been remembered fondly in film history.

i guess i need to watch the end of 89 again because i've never seen the cathedral as important as what you guys are making it out to be. i mean its kewl but all it is is batman finally gets up there and beats the hell out of the joker and then bruce and vicki end up hanging and then the thing with the helicopter and the gargoyle and that was it. lol.

When I saw Batman (1989) on the big screen, I got chills as Batman pushed the Cathedral doors open. Such an iconic shot and Elfman's 'Up The Cathedral' peaks. Then the climb is on. I also love the concept of Batman never giving up.

Cathedral was very good.  But I voted for riddler's lair. 

Quote from: the Riddler on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 00:32
Cathedral was very good.  But I voted for riddler's lair. 

No offence, but WHY?!?   ;D

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Definetely a scene everybody has engrained in their cranial cavities whether they like it or not.  To me its just awesome.  Not saying its the best, but its definetely one for originality.  I know its a schumacher film but you got to at least give it some style points  :).

Quote from: the Riddler on Wed,  2 Dec  2009, 01:18
Definetely a scene everybody has engrained in their cranial cavities whether they like it or not.  To me its just awesome.  Not saying its the best, but its definetely one for originality.  I know its a schumacher film but you got to at least give it some style points  :).

Meh, but as an action scene it felt kind of basic and well...dumb.  Batman has a difficult choice to make between Chase Meridian and Robin and simply ends up saving both using his bat-hook and a pretty dodgy application of the laws of motion.  Not to mention, he kills Two-Face by tossing a few coins in the air.  Where's the majesty and raw brutality of the first Batman's climax, or the poetic, poignant drama of Returns' penultimate scene?

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

To me him saving chase and robin was a lot more action than cathedral or returns.  Plus, he had to save two people who were his friends and were going to die otherwise.  You try saving two people in a free fall  :).  The cathedral and sewer were definetely dramatic and awesome though.  You're probably right but I got to stick with my soft spot.

*pokes the riddler's soft spot* eww squishy.