Batman 89 versus the Matrix

Started by burtongenius, Sat, 28 Nov 2009, 21:43

Previous topic - Next topic
The connection is a stretch. They are not carbon copies of each other. Your thinking is absolutely absurd. Nobody is making this connection or comparison anywhere else - except you. Because there is not one.

Nobody sat down and watched Batman (1989) and "copied" the index finger summon. I can tell you that now.

And if they did, which they didn't - as the hand summon is an ancient aspect of martial arts, they are allowed to. Nobody has a trademark or rights to it. It belongs to everyone.

The reason why the hand wave is associated with The Matrix is because it was used throughout the trilogy - by characters other than Morpheus. Batman (1989) doesn't even come into consideration. For starters, he's not doing the same handwave, and the moment lasts for three seconds max, then it's over.

And I'm sure the proper hand wave as seen in The Matrix had been done elsewhere pre-1999. I just simply do not care to look into it. Because it means nothing. Who cares?

You say you know Keaton did not do it in the same style of Morpheus, yet a post or so before you state Keaton did do it in the same style as Morpheus. Change your name back to the Riddler, mate. You're posts are difficult to follow, they seem to keep jumping all over the place.

This thread has gone around in circles long enough