London's BFI Batman All-Nighter

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 30 Oct 2009, 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic
I would love to go but I'm at my friends 18th birthday party !  :(
My balloons. Those are my balloons. HE STOLE MY BALLOONS!

Tue, 3 Nov 2009, 22:14 #21 Last Edit: Thu, 17 Feb 2011, 22:20 by Paul (ral)
I most deft will be going, just trying to persuade the GF or a couple of friends to go with me, thats why its awesome to study in London in order to go to events like this.
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Did anyone here go to this?

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Tue, 24 Nov 2009, 11:23 #23 Last Edit: Tue, 24 Nov 2009, 11:26 by Scarecrow756
I went with the GF and it was really awesome seeing all the movies most notebably Batman 89, seeing that on the big screen with the orginal print was fablous so many great moments heighted by the big screen such as Descent Into Mystery/Drive back to the Bat Cave, Joker`s first apprance and the first scene with Batman`s intro. Seeing Returns was awesome and in the orginal print to was great, hardly any of the colours were amplified which made me think of it more as a Germen Expressonism film. Begins same as before always wowed by it but seeing TDK in IMAX was a totally driffrent experince despite this being my 8th viewing of the movie. The action in the middle was awesome and the last scene in IMAX just made you feel closer to the action and the emotion of the end of TDK. Overall a very great exprince and the Batman trivia contest was fun to, lol not to many people knew their stuff some thought Robin made his debuit in 1997.
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Ahhh man.  That sounds brilliant.  I wish I'd been there.   ???

At what point was the trivia contest, and were any of the questions film related?  Also, what were the crowd like Scarecrow if you don't mind me asking.

I hope the BFI do another one of these, or at least Batman and Batman Returns back-to-back.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 24 Nov  2009, 12:00
Ahhh man.  That sounds brilliant.  I wish I'd been there.   ???

At what point was the trivia contest, and were any of the questions film related?  Also, what were the crowd like Scarecrow if you don't mind me asking.

I hope the BFI do another one of these, or at least Batman and Batman Returns back-to-back.

The trivia contest was after Batman Returns, just at the half way point. And the questons varied some focused on the comics, some on the movies and some related to the directors or starts of the movies such as: What movie did Chris Bale lose an excessive amount for? I don`t mind you asking Gobs, the crowd were very good they clapped at all movies, I counted Returns getting quite a few espically at the end. The whole crowd were into all the movies espically 89 I would say. Overall a fantastic exprince I rewatch these movies quite a bit on DVD every year but nothing compares to seeing it on the big screen with loads of people and some were even hardcore Bat fans, some came dressed up. I just wore my Batman 89 logo t-shirt.

I wish I was there too. Must have been brilliant.

Awesome stuff Scarecrow - wish i was there

Batman Returns was received well by the crowd?

Brilliant!

Batman Returns is acutally very popular over here. It's also something of a darling with British critics.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"