Rewatchability...

Started by Grissom, Wed, 28 Oct 2009, 18:43

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if this was done before but of the Bat-films out there which ones do you think have the best rewatchable quality. Here's my list, the most rewatchable from the top down:

Batman '89
Batman Returns / The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Forever
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman : Subzero
Batman & Robin / Batman (1966)

For good measure, I threw in some of the animated films (haven't seen the others)

Ok, this is my rewatchability list starting with the most 'rewatchable'.

Batman '89 (seriously, I must watch this film all the way through about 5 times a year)
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins (great film, but it lacks the rewatchability factor of some of the others)
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Batman (1966)

Suffice to say, I haven't seen the other animated films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

1. Batman '89
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
7. Batman: The Movie
8. Batman Forever
9. Batman: Subzero
10. Batman vs. Dracula
11. Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
12. Batman & Robin

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

In terms of re-watchability, I really only have a top three:

1. Batman Returns
2. Batman (1989)
3. Batman (1966)

Short, snappy rides that I can enjoy in any mood, any time.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are good, but they're not the kind of films I'm going to watch all the time like these three.

almost any mood i can watch batman forever. if i'm in my goofy mood which is like 80% of the time i can watch batman and robin. batman works for most every mood. batman returns, i have to be in the exact perfect mood or it just depresses me.

neither of the christian bale movies have much rewatchability for me, i have both but its been over a year since i watched begins and many many months since i watched the dark knight.

and i looooove the animated movies. those work for just about any time.

The animated movies are great and of high quality, just look at Mask of the Phantasm, one of the best bat-films , live action or otherwise.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 29 Oct  2009, 13:46
batman returns, i have to be in the exact perfect mood or it just depresses me.
I'm in that mood basically all the time, so this doesn't apply to me.

01- B89/BR.  It's sort of a toss up between which I watch more.  Partly it's nostalgia and partly it's because they're great films.

02- TDK.  Even though I'm not a huge Nolan fan, that doesn't mean that TDK isn't tons of fun to watch... just not as much fun as the Burton movies.

03- Return of the Joker.  When I first saw it, I hadn't seen too many episodes so it was really neat to watch this and see what happened to Gotham City.

04- MOTP.  I can't watch this one too much.  Yeah, it's good but it feels like it runs long in a few places.  Still, Batman beats a lot of people up in this movie and you can't overestimate that.

05- B66.  This just might place higher on the list if it hadn't been so long since I last saw it.  Good movie though, highly enjoyable.

BR - One of my ALL time fav movies...peroid. I know every line...it's kinda sad, but I love it! I even ripped the audio for my ipod!

B89 - Gr8 movie, I usually watch BR & B89 bk to back somtimes. But I whenever i watch one, the other isn't too far away!

As for the other Bat movies-
- BB & TDK are good, but over done. BB is on TV alot, so it seems, and TDK ive seen too man times to care anymore. My friend love TDK as much as I love BR. Yes...he even made me rip it for him for his ipod.
- BF & B&R I really don't watch anymore. I didn't even buy the DVDs . I didn't see a point. B89 & BR IS the Batman universe for me!
"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"

I haven't seen B&R or BF in quite a while now, and it doesn't bother me. B89 and BR are my favourite representation of the Batman universe (especially B89) and BB and TDk are not too far behind either.